Supporters Section at the Big O

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

30k will only happen if there is a grand marketing effort with many tv spots and full media coverage of the upcoming match. Sadly, as this is soccer, I don't see that happening, as the Habs will keep the spotlight. 20k max.

You'd be surprised at the coverage the game has received already. It will be perceived as an event and, barring a cold snap of biblical proportions, I can't see under 20k people.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Great! Hopefully this sets the bar for match attendance for a Canadian club.

As for where to get tickets, I just got mine in the second row of 108 (seat on the outside of the row, not next to 106). Hopefully this was the right place to get it, as it didn't seem like many people had got tickets there yet. Hopefully this all works out well, as I look forward to meeting all the Ultras on this board as well as the ones that don't post, and getting a tad liquored in the process! :D

Ticket sales in the supporter's section are now close to 400. Section 101 is now open (along with the previously open 102, 104, 106 and 108). Sections 103, 105, 107 are still closed but will probably be opened soon (remember you need a double letter row to be in the supporters section, it is possible to buy tickets in these sections with a single letter but that is the area behind the supporter's section). The total number of seats in the supporter's section of areas 101 to 108 double letters is 1100 so 1/3 of this is already sold. For those buying tickets, the row lettering is a bit confusing so here is the front row of each section:

Sections 105-108 the front row starts at FF

Sections 103-104 the front row starts at KK

Sections 101-102 the front row starts at NN

I am pretty confident given the ticket sales so far that we will sell out the whole supporter's section. Don't wait too long to buy your tickets. Should be a great atmosphere.

• 3 weeks later...

Ticket sales in the supporters section are now over 750. The even numbered sections 102-108 are pretty much sold out with the exception of a few individual tickets and tickets in the last row (be careful when buying tickets not to buy sections 102-108 with single letters instead of double letters, ie. 102 L instead of 102 LL, single letter tickets are not in the supporters section). It looks clear that the supporter's section will sell out by game time so if you still need tickets buy them as soon as possible.

What is the current protocol when encountering the inevitable smug euro fanboys in Milan, Inter, Man Poo, Barca jerseys? I'm thinking swift sharp bagtagging, or the two-finger jab to the eyes. Thoughts? Perhaps a hockey-style dragging the jersey off over the head and tossing it onto the pitch? I just think we should all be on the same page here [:P]

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Keano

What is the current protocol when encountering the inevitable smug euro fanboys in Milan, Inter, Man Poo, Barca jerseys? I'm thinking swift sharp bagtagging, or the two-finger jab to the eyes. Thoughts? Perhaps a hockey-style dragging the jersey off over the head and tossing it onto the pitch? I just think we should all be on the same page here [:P]

Dress codes are nice but there is no way to enforce them and it does not make sense to.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Keano

Dress codes are nice but there is no way to enforce them and it does not make sense to.

Archived