Supporters Section at the Big O

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Operating under the (reasonable) assumption that any of the high-end Category 1/2 sections are out of the question, this is probably about as good as the supporters' section is ever going to get.

They're crap seats. But everything I've ever heard says that, in a soccer configuration, every seat at the Big O is a crap seat and every chant is going to be lost to air and concrete.

Hey, with a lot of beer, ANY seat is a good seat. Accompanied with tons of others who have a lot of beer and are chanting with you, things'll be awesome! Yeah they're quite a ways away from the action, might be tough to see the action at the other end of the pitch, but whatever.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

And when I see Barcelona under your name I sometimes envy you.

Quite seriously, if I had a choice between watching Impact-SAntos L in Concacaf Champions quarter finals or Barça-Lyon in UEFA Champions final 16, I'd pick the former. Much more on the line and potentially a more exciting draw. I mean, Lyon?

Yah, I went to all the games for the U20 world cup and never had a problem with the view. One of the best locations was just to the side of where the video clip is from, right at the corner flag. This would be a great location for the supporters section as we would be right in the middle of the crowd and right near the net. I know at least some 30 or 40 of us who are going to be trying and getting seats together and I'll be aiming for somewhere around there. Go Impact!

quote:Originally posted by Bratworst

, right at the corner flag. This would be a great location for the supporters section as we would be right in the middle of the crowd and right near the net.

Yeah. We were aiming for 115. Our idea was to ask for 141-143 (but that is in a section where seats are more expensive) and then go for 115 if 141 wasn't possible. Sadly nobody asked us for our input and they threw us out behind the net.

If you have 40 people coming with you, please, by all means, bring them in the supporters section.

We were supposed to have some input on the section but in the end we did not. To be fair though I think it had something to do with it taking so long for the stadium approval to come through so now the Impact staff are trying to do everything at the last minute. The real problem is the seating and set up at Olympic stadium is poor and their aren't really any good seats near the field except for the ones at midfield that we were never going to get anyway. I am not sure that 115 is that much better than the back, it is not that much closer and is much higher up from pitch level. The corner sections behing the goal are not too far away but the stupid thing is the curve in the stand so the middle section is quite far away. On the other hand I think it is a good thing that we are not beside all the family sections and have our own part of the stand to watch the game "Ultras" style and hopefully not be bothered by stadium security (or at least not as much as if we were beside all the families).

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

I am not sure that 115 is that much better than the back, it is not that much closer and is much higher up from pitch level.

Higher seats = better view, in my opinion.

As for the Impact doing everything at the last minute, it sure looks to me as if they were ready a long time ago and were only waiting for a green light. For instance, we had a supporters section the day it was announced that the Big O would be opened for the Impact. To me that looks like it was already set. It really just was a matter of calling/emailing us to see what we thought of the idea when they decided to put us behind the net.

But regardless, fukc it, we'll be there and we'll make noise. That's what counts.

Guest Jeffery S.

You guys are such total bullshtters its incredible. You spend an entire thread shooting down someone because he dares to criticize the Impact front office, who you explain diligently are your best friends and helpful and the epitomy of sensitive to the Ultra's interests, then they screw you in the butt without consulting you and you just sigh and say thank you.

What a bunch of suckhole hypocrites.

At least have the honesty to admit you do NOT have such a good relationship with the club, they'll screw you over and ignore you at will and you'll bend over and take it, and that you were wrong even saying a word to those who dared to criticize your bum buddies.

Have the honesty to admit that all your well-reasoned explanations are a total BS, that you've been totally dishonest to the rest of this board when it comes to explaining your privileged, optimal relationship with the Impact. Who do not give a flying fck about you, obviously.

Never mind how they've screwed all of Montreal fans out of the chance to be MLS, pretty well forever, on totally tenuous grounds, and again without consulting anyone.

If that is what it means to be Ultra, better sit with the soccer moms, who at least had the guts to give birth without whining half as much as you guys.

Suckhole hypocrite could probably define someone who bitches about Winnipeg Fury planning to conduct an interview, then is offered the chance to conduct an interview but turns it down on some BS excuse but is such an ass that he bitches and makes his usual BS accusations about how the interview was conducted by someone who did have the balls to do it. Since there was not much Jeffery could say about his idiotic and hypocritical behaviour on that issue as usual he didn't say anything and waited for another opportunity to attack and post some BS.

Just to set the record straight given the crap posted by Jefferey, noone has ever claimed that we had a good relationship with the club, for a long time the relationship was quite poor. In recent times there has been some improvement and hopefully it will continue in the right direction. I am not totally happy with how this issue was dealt with but have to look at it in the bigger picture of total relations with the club.

As far as the soccer Moms comment, I think it is time for Daniel to get out that Internet Tough Guy photo again. However, I think the following photo explains the situation well enough:

straitjacket_new1.jpg

internettoughguy.jpg

Personally, I would have prefered 115, which would actually have given us a view of the game, but "isolating" the supporters section migh tend up being a boon, with the possibility to attract a greater number (especially if they don't open the upper deck).

As for relations with the club, etc., I'll agree with Grizz. This could have been handled much better, but the big picture is that it's one game (or, hopefully, three), and that the supporters section at SS looks in much better shape (full supporters section, GA) than it did at the same time last year.

Just to set the record straight given the crap posted by Jefferey, noone has ever claimed that we had a good relationship with the club, for a long time the relationship was quite poor. In recent times there has been some improvement and hopefully it will continue in the right direction. I am not totally happy with how this issue was dealt with but have to look at it in the bigger picture of total relations with the club.

You're the one that was boasting about having informal meetings with Impact officials, sounding like a big shot who had previliged information. You made that tosser look like the second coming. In the end he did exactley what I said he had to do, which is put pressure on the RIO to get this thing done. In the end you dropped it, and he bumped into you. You also show what a tough guy you are by asking other people to post pictures for you, just remember it takes two to Tango, and you're not better then that dude in the picture.

It is so fun dealing with two patients from the same mental hospital, albeit branches in different countries. I have never boasted about meetings with Impact officials and will never do so in the future either. You made completely unfounded accusations against Legendre which were based solely on his political beliefs which have nothing to do with how he performs his job with the Impact. In responding to these unfounded accusations, I merely stated the fact that I have spoken with many Impact employees and they all spoke very highly of him as a boss. Additionally the club is well run so there is no evidence that Legendre is not doing his job properly, in fact, the evidence points to the opposite. In addition to having no understanding of how the club is run you obviously have no understanding of how the approval process occured. You are just an embarrasment to yourself.

Archived