Supporters Section at the Big O

Originally posted by Grizzly

We were supposed to have some input on the section but in the end we did not.

Translation: Richard Legendre doesn't value his supposed most loyal and faithful fans, therefore their input means nothing to him. That is why we got the shaft.

To be fair though I think it had something to do with it taking so long for the stadium approval to come through so now the Impact staff are trying to do everything at the last minute.

Translation: Richard Legendre is useless that is why it took so long, and now the supposed genius that work for him, are scrambling thus giving them an excuse if they dont get the huge crowd they expect. An efficient administration would have had this thing settled before christmas, giving them plenty of time to do things correctly.

The real problem is the seating and set up at Olympic stadium is poor and their aren't really any good seats near the field except for the ones at midfield that we were never going to get anyway.

Translation: Richard Legendre knows that the Ultras representative Grizzly is a Savant, therefore he could sit them where he wants. A real Vice President would realize the importance of having the Ultras placed in a strategic section, which would give them the opportunity to play the rolse of the 12th man

I am not sure that 115 is that much better than the back, it is not that much closer and is much higher up from pitch level. The corner sections behing the goal are not too far away but the stupid thing is the curve in the stand so the middle section is quite far away. On the other hand I think it is a good thing that we are not beside all the family sections and have our own part of the stand to watch the game "Ultras" style and hopefully not be bothered by stadium security (or at least not as much as if we were beside all the families).

Translation: Grizzly likes anything to do with the Back, especially when its dished up and served by Legendre himself. Security will be a bother to the Ultras, to which Legendre will add its not me, its the stadium. A good seperatist always knows how to pass on the blame,

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Impact proves once again that he is holding firmly to his title of City idiot. His family is proud of such an accomplishment. The folks even erected a statue of him back in Italy in the village where his grandpa started as a village idiot.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

I'll go with 26k, less if the game is postponed.

If you guys can do that, that is very impressive. With the financial crisis what it is and question marks about many of the US bids, maybe MLS shouldn't have brushed you off so quickly.

30k will only happen if there is a grand marketing effort with many tv spots and full media coverage of the upcoming match. Sadly, as this is soccer, I don't see that happening, as the Habs will keep the spotlight. 20k max.

Oh and as for us visitors who would like to get tix to be in with the Ultras, assuming people are alright with it, is anyone going to be making a mass purchase for the Ultras' section or is it all up to the individual?

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

30k will only happen if there is a grand marketing effort with many tv spots and full media coverage of the upcoming match. Sadly, as this is soccer, I don't see that happening, as the Habs will keep the spotlight. 20k max.

Oh and as for us visitors who would like to get tix to be in with the Ultras, assuming people are alright with it, is anyone going to be making a mass purchase for the Ultras' section or is it all up to the individual?

People buy their tickets individually. Anyone willing to sing and/or atleast to stand rooting for the Impact is welcomed.

Guest Jeffery S.

Since the section was imposed on you, many don't like it, the stadium is not going to be full, just choose another section you like better and sit there. And announce it to other like minded people.

Or if you do that maybe the Impact front office will get mad at you and take it out on you at Saputo?

For some of you guys a supporter's section is like the cage the bird wants to go back into because he is nervous outside of it.

You are not only a lot of bull****tters, you are like herd animals.

Actually since we never attended an Impact match at the Big O we simply don't know what we want, and we are asking ourselves what would be better. We tought of different options but there was no consensus for different reasons. So we might as well take what we are offered since it was on of our options if we like it it's good, if not we will know what to do next time.

Message taken from another thread just to make sure it reaches anyone concerned.

Ok it seems that part of the problem is that the Impact decided that despite the fact that 8 sections were available to us we should be sitting in section 108. These seats are available on the Admission web site. But when I called Admission earlier this morning they said that the whole supporter section was sold out (wich is not true). Anyway, major problems again with Admission and the Impact.

Guest speedmonk42

Any thoughts on using this game as way of getting more Ultras? Even if it's just a couple?

Going to be a bunch of fans there that may not normally go to a game.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

Any thoughts on using this game as way of getting more Ultras?

We've already passed the word around on Facebook and the numbers already are bigger than they were for the CL games at Saputo...

It sure would help if people could actually buy tickets in section 105 like we've told them to, but I'm pretty sure we'll attract a lot of new faces. And you can move freely in the Big O so people will not have a hard time joining us at the game even if they are seated in a different section (if there are any seats left anyway).

I think we can easily draw a minimum of 500 people in the supporters section.

There has been a bit of miscommunication with the club. The have set aside a certain number of sections for us and have blocked off the others until it is clear whether we need them or not. They thought we wanted to start with 108 and 106 while we decided 105 and 107 without realizing they were blocked. The problem now is that some people have already bought in 106 and 108 so it is probably better to keep these sections as opposed to switching to 105 and 107 right now. They also told me they could open both corners, ie. 106 and 108 and 105 and 107 and keep the centre blocked but that will split us up. So to keep things simple lets start buying 106 and 108 and as they fill up we will move towards the other side as opposed to moving in the opposite direction. On game day everyone will probably stand where they want anyway so as long as you have seats in the back it shouldn't matter. I think we will have to be physically in the section that day before we decide exactly how we want to position ourselves.

In summary, everyone buy tickets in 106 and 108 in rows with double letters, for example 106 AA or 108 NN.

Archived