MYSTERY SOLVED re: Impact MLS bid!

quote:Originally posted by MastaK

Personally, I really like our little stadium.

Yes it's nothing fancy and alot of small adjustments could be made, but overall, this stadium is all we need for now. North American cities aren't ready for big and fancy SSSs.

Yeah, lord knows Montreal doesn't deserve better than such cities as Bridgeview, Frisco, Commerce City and Sandy, UT. [B)]

quote:Originally posted by MastaK

Personally, I really like our little stadium.

Yes it's nothing fancy and alot of small adjustments could be made, but overall, this stadium is all we need for now. North American cities aren't ready for big and fancy SSSs.

I actually don't have a problem with the stadium itself, it is a nice small stadium without much luxury but that doesn't bother me. I like going to SS and watching games there and it is an improvement over CCR. The problem I have with SS is it is obviously far below the standard of stadium that MLS wants and for the last couple of years Saputo has led us to believe he was making a serious effort to join MLS. The stadium he built as a result was the first sign that this effort was not very serious and that to some extent he was leading us on and getting our hopes up with very little substance behind the bid.

One can favour the MLS model of building expensive, high-class and professional level stadiums or the USL model of being much more modest and can argue about this as much as one wants. However, it seems that most of the serious, top soccer clubs in North America are buying into the MLS model so whether we agree with it or not we have to be there if we want to play at the top level. It is immaterial whether the USL had a better plan or not if it ceases to exist in the near future because it lost most of its best franchises. If the plan was to build a modest stadium and stay in USL then the Impact should have been working on improving the USL and keeping the other teams in the league. If the plan was to go MLS then we should have done what we had to to get there, ie. build a better stadium and pay the expansion fee.

quote:Originally posted by Trident

That was "targeted" at the weirdos who don't register on IS and leave stupid comments.

I don't know why you think I do this but I do not set out in posts thinking, "How can I make a dig at Grizzly?". Why would I do that, we are all UM02, and I think we should all stand together united, that's why it's one of our sayings. I will always stay loyal to the group and it's members, I would not take shots at them in public, it serves no purpose, after all, I don't go to games so what would I have to gain? Lay off grizz, you read too much into things, it's not the first time you did this.

If you disagree with posters on IS, then that is the forum you should be posting your replies to them on not here. I don't think you set out in posts thinking, "How can I make a dig at Grizzly?". I think you set out in posts thinking how can I make sarcastic comments that will piss people off regardless of who it is. Additionally you do this as someone who claims to be a member of UM.

We do not have an official membership and I am not the one who determines who is UM or not. Nor do I know whether the other members consider you to be UM or not. All I know is that I personally consider those guys to be UM who I see at the games, who have gone through a lot of different events, difficulties and hardships with me and who have my back if need be.

To me you are just an immature guy who tries to be a prick on the internet and will continue to be so until I see some evidence that you are like the above mentioned UM members. If you were interested in UM unity and loyalty you would not be writing the way you do on various sites while claiming to be a UM member. It is one thing to express your honest opinion whether I agree with it or not, I wouldn't criticize anyone, UM or not, for doing so. It is another thing entirely to be constantly trying to irritate and stir up **** for no other reason than you enjoy doing so. I have nothing more to say on this subject on the Voyageurs, if you want to discuss it further than the proper place is on the UM forum.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

If you could take CCR and:

1)Remove the track & moved the pitch sidelines closer to to stands.

2) build identical stands and complex (to the mainstand) at the opposite side of the pitch

3)Put in some temporary bleachers behind the nets

4) Use the indoor part of the complex for concessions, souvenirs and amenities

With all that, you would have a hell of a facility. Far better that SS and I'm sure that it would have been more than enough for Garber.

I remember reading in the newspaper "a year before the new stadium announcement" that Saputo had an idea of actually renovating CCR. The plan was to remove the track, lower the field by digging it so that he could add more stands on both sides and add a stand behind one of the nets. He also wanted to build another soccer field around CCR "wheres the baseball fields" so that he could set up a dome for the winter time.

I guess the city wasn't to crazy about it or it was cheaper to built SS.

quote:Originally posted by Johnnie Monster

I love how a two-line wisecrack has erupted into a 30-post sh*t storm in la belle provence.

Classic wind-up.

I got news for you 99.9999999999999999999999999% of people in la belle province could not care less about your "wisecrack"....

And the fact that i'm writing this probably puts me in the 0.000000000000000001% who somewhat do...Wow! I don't know if i should laugh at that or cry....[:P]

quote:Originally posted by Johnnie Monster

I love how a two-line wisecrack has erupted into a 30-post sh*t storm in la belle provence.

Classic wind-up.

Yes. It's quite clear we have entered the annual sloooow December season here on the V Forums.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Additionally you do this as someone who claims to be a member of UM.

[...]All I know is that I personally consider those guys to be UM who I see at the games, who have gone through a lot of different events, difficulties and hardships with me and who have my back if need be.

[...more talkshit]]

PM's on the UM site.

quote:Originally posted by jimmynow

the best part of Stade Saputo is that a TFC player christened it with its first goal!

TFC's the only Major League Soccer that stadium will see every year.. cherish it with all your heart... mark it on your calendars...

Stupid post considering MTL could possibly play Houston in the CCL 1/2 final...

quote:Originally posted by Montreal_FC_fan

And the best part of BMO is that a KANSAS CITY player christened it with its first goal!

We would care more if KC was a rival, or if Toronto had an extra game to score the first goal in their stadium (like MTL had). Or if Toronto wasn't a team playing its fourth ever game at that point.

But yeah, try again.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

We would care more if KC was a rival, or if Toronto had an extra game to score the first goal in their stadium (like MTL had). Or if Toronto wasn't a team playing its fourth ever game at that point.

But yeah, try again.

Do you really think I care?

I was just responding to a dumb message with a dumb answer.

Archived