How can the CSA show its face....

Trillium

Its totally nuts that you cant get this game on internet radio or broadcast on radio in Canada if TV does not make sense.

They want to build a brand and they are hiding when the team tanks.. not a wonder they get no media coverage.

The marketing and Public Relations staff needs to be fired.

What a joke.

The joke is we don't even have a national league!

I don't understand: Jamaica, El Salvador, Trinidad, they can create a league but we can't.

Our current CSL is regional with no stadiums and no players playing on the national team so that shouldn't even be considered.

At least if we had a league our players would be chosen from that league and would know how to play with eachother and wouldn't have to travel around the world.

We have 2 soccer stadiums in this whole country (1 has turf, 1 has disgusting grass)

Also no one even knows about our national team because they don't advertise these WCQ

Everyone at my school supports where there grandparents came from (italy, portugal, spain) which is pathetic

There is no chance we even belong in the top 10 in CONCACAF. Our country is a joke when it comes to soccer.

There is no media, no teams, no stadiums and no one cares.

In all fairness, Jamaica is like a 3 hour drive coast to coast (if that). Canada...isn't.

In reverse fairness, Canada has more than enough financial resources to have some sort of a competitive soccer league, even if it was just six teams or something.

The CSA had a month to get something, anything lined up.

Let me repeat myself. Every single USL 1st Division match was available live on the internet in 2008. Every-single-one. The USL in concert with that money-bags organization the Atlanta Silverbacks, and their vast crews of high tech web-heads somehow managed to get all the Silverback matches on the internet on a fee for service basis.

Somebody, anybody, explain to me why someone at CSA HQ couldn't pick up a 'phone and ring someone at USL HQ and see if they could walk them through the process necessary to get a pay for view match onto one of the streaming internet services.

And don't try to include the "because it's too expensive" argument. Altanta Silverbacks. USL. Don't even try.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Let me repeat myself. Every single USL 1st Division match was available live on the internet in 2008. Every-single-one. The USL in concert with that money-bags organization the Atlanta Silverbacks, and their vast crews of high tech web-heads somehow managed to get all the Silverback matches on the internet on a fee for service basis.

Somebody, anybody, explain to me why someone at CSA HQ couldn't pick up a 'phone and ring someone at USL HQ and see if they could walk them through the process necessary to get a pay for view match onto one of the streaming internet services.

And don't try to include the "because it's too expensive" argument. Altanta Silverbacks. USL. Don't even try.

Canada were out of the competition for the Hex. Why would the CSA want the final game on TV? They seem happy to be ignored by the media so only a few soccer writers bemoan the fact our team can't even compete within our region when the pressure is on. If the game is not televised there will be fewer uncomfortable questions asked.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

The big difference is that if you are the CSA you have to send someone (maybe even hired someone for 3 days) to Kingston and pay his flight, hotel, food, technical stuff, etc. USL teams don't have this to care about because they all have a few guys at every location doing the job for the whole season.

I'm not sure it was in the CSA best interest to do a webcast for a game that only 100 people across the country wanted to see....

The CSA has been able to do webcast (Brazil, Scotland U-20's games), I guess they thought it wasn't worth to fly someone over there for a meaningless game after a terrible campaign.

So, we want our men's team on TV, but many of you are also condoning the absence and lack of effort by the networks simply because we were already out and fielding a poorer team?

All matches in WCQ should be on TV. It's not a pick-and-choose situation.

The networks continue to fail our sport, the CSA continues to fail our sport, and neither did much to build interest in our national side this time around (again).

Sorry, but because we were already out does not give the CSA and TV a pass from me.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

The networks continue to fail our sport,

Sorry but this is wrong - it is the sport or at least the people that lead the sport that continue to fail the networks...

You would have lost money broadcasting this game if you sent one guy to Jamaica with a camera, used air miles to get him there and commentated from a closet in Toronto with a phone... NOBODY outside of the 60(600, 6000 doesn't matter) people on this board would have been watching.

The product is bad, the profile of the game outside of the youth game is worse and above all there is no leadership to get the ship headed in the right direction.

If you were in charge of programming and you had to spend even a few thousand dollars to broadcast last nights game or a few hundred to run a pre-taped fishing show that would draw a bigger audience or even for gos sakes an infomercial that someone was paying you to run (almost pure profit) which would you choose?? That I'm afraid is the depths the game on the international level (at least for Canadian games has sunk)...

the CSA continues to fail our sport, and neither did much to build interest in our national side this time around (again).

No argument with this point and the true villains in this mess.

So, we want our men's team on TV, but many of you are also condoning the absence and lack of effort by the networks simply because we were already out and fielding a poorer team?

Condoning? No way. Just offering a possible expanation why the CSA would not lift a finger to get the game on TV. Had it been on the dial, meaningless or not, I would have watched.

If any of us would've been a CSA negotiator in charge of the negotiation with the different TV channels, I'm wondering how we would've done to convince those people of showing yesterday's game? What kind of argument do we have in this situation?

The same goes for the webcast suggestion. Was it worth it to loose money for a webcast?

Archived