Canadians in Football Manager/WSM09

Aljarov

Hi Guys

I was trying to put together a facepack with the Canadians in it. I've included guys not otherwise covered by licenses or facepacks elsewhere and it's everything from CMNT, U20s and USL guys. I've collected a load of pictures and wondered if someone with photoshop could cut them out and send them back to me.

I have a folder with it all in, including a guide/specs for it.

Just wondering if anyone can help. Please email me if you can.

Cheers

Al

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea. I'd offer to help but I have slow speed internet, which isn't condusive to downloading/uploading much of anything.

Do you know what the best way is to buy the game for use in Canada? I can't do a paid download as my connection is too slow.

I can't help you (I suck at photoshop stuff), but I did d/l the demo. Best Canadians are Friend, de Guzman, De Rosario and Hutchinson (what a surprise). Begovic was valued extremely well, which I guess is good.

I would also like to know a way to get the game that doesn't involve me using a crack, since they usually put something in the game that makes it fail (e.g. I couldn't get past 2009 last year). Also the game's good enough I feel like it deserves my money or something like that.

From today's Fiver (Guardian):

Sociophobes will be dancing in the streets today. Actually no, they probably won't. Still, today does mark a momentous occasion for scrawny loners everywhere - and David Moyes (http://guardian.chtah.com/a/tBJHaRwAY30QpAe9jDFB-LFG6$0/fvr16) - as the release of the latest edition of Football Manager launches yet another cycle of them sitting wrapped in dirty bedsheets for months on end while guiding Grimsby Town to Big Cup glory thanks to the heroic performances of a 16-year-old Bangladeshi striker lovingly nurtured after being plucked from the reserves of FC Honka, the pride of Espoo."

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

From today's Fiver (Guardian):

Sociophobes will be dancing in the streets today. Actually no, they probably won't. Still, today does mark a momentous occasion for scrawny loners everywhere - and David Moyes (http://guardian.chtah.com/a/tBJHaRwAY30QpAe9jDFB-LFG6$0/fvr16) - as the release of the latest edition of Football Manager launches yet another cycle of them sitting wrapped in dirty bedsheets for months on end while guiding Grimsby Town to Big Cup glory thanks to the heroic performances of a 16-year-old Bangladeshi striker lovingly nurtured after being plucked from the reserves of FC Honka, the pride of Espoo."

Why is the Guardian looking in my window?

I've done facepacks (more collected, others did the real work) for all MLS players missing in the official game, plus CMNT players and some of the other key youngsters abroad, again, that aren't in the game proper.

I've also done a media file to include the Canadian press (specifically for TFC, Impact and 'Caps).

For those not familiar with the MLS and it' rules, specifically how it plays in FM/WSM, then I have a guide as well.

You can get all these files, plus a good logo pack (for CSL, USL, competitions etc....) by going to my filefront page:

http://hosted.filefront.com/Aljarov

I still need the Nutralite CCC logo, but that and the CCL are the only two missing now.

PS - buying the ESM version is better. It's not only quicker, but will also have a more up to date patch (which fixes a few MLS-specific issues like the playoffs, CCL). It came out today at noon EST.

That download should work.

I'm balling with AFC Wimbledon (basically due to the topic on the World forum) and Canada. And I have one more WCQ win than Dale Mitchell! (a really weird 5-3 win over Jamaica)

Also, excuse my CPU illiteracy, but where do I save those files too?

quote:Originally posted by marcl_19

can it only be bought on on steam? anyone know which stores sell the hard copy? FM 08 got me hooked and im stoked to play the new one.

also, for those who have played it, hows the 3d match view?

Don't think any store sells the hard copy. Steam is really good though (unless your CPU isn't good enough).

Personally, I like the 2D engine better. There's still more than enough to make this game worthwhile without the 3D engine.

• 5 months later...

I have WSM06 and like it so much I see no need to get a newer version. I even found mine as a Hard copy in an actual store. The EB Games in the Westmount Shopping Centre in London. I'd be playing it right now, but my PC is drek (I really should get a new one) and my laptop, which I use to play WSM, recently had a monitor failure and for whatever reason when I hook up a PC monitor to it I can only run it with 800x600 resolution without crashing my laptop. It's about time I replace it anyways, but I'm currently setting money aside to make the trip to Montreal on June 18th for the final game of the Canadian Championship.

• 5 months later...

Bumping for the release of FM 2010 (which is tomorrow).

One of the big new features now is that you can activate/create leagues through the editor, which means the CSL (and I believe the PCSL but I'm not 100% sure) will be fully playable if you so choose. As well, since full leagues can be created the whole Canada league in CFL stadiums can be replicated.

Archived