Canadians in Football Manager/WSM09

Aljarov

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent most of last night working on activating the USL structure. It's not as simple as checking a box saying "activate", unfortunately! You have to recreate the American league structure from scratch for the game engine, so you also have to set up MLS, and because of their persnickety rules that seems hard to impossible to do perfectly accurately. Plus there's the US Open Cup, which I don't even know how I'm going to manage.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

I love FM2009!!!!! I'll not get another one until 2011 probably....super addicted to 2009.... My current game time is "better order another takeaway pizza..." ie, 5 days of playing!

I'm embarrassed to say how many days my '09 one went for.

And yeah I more or less just let the MLS sit as was, just I replaced TFC with Philly and then created a 32 team, 2 tier Canadian League.

quote:Originally posted by Lord Bob

Spent most of last night working on activating the USL structure. It's not as simple as checking a box saying "activate", unfortunately! You have to recreate the American league structure from scratch for the game engine, so you also have to set up MLS, and because of their persnickety rules that seems hard to impossible to do perfectly accurately. Plus there's the US Open Cup, which I don't even know how I'm going to manage.

Don't worry about the Open Cup, it's automatic in the game as it is necessary to draw the CCL.

The USL Structure is tough. I tried the CSL structure, but lack the operational knowledge of the league, so I didn't save the database. Maybe if someone can activate the US and Canadian structures to an acceptable level, they can post it and help a brotha out?

quote:Originally posted by Lord Bob

Also, Dominic Imhof is seriously underrated.

And so far I count Niall Thompson, Carlo Corazzin, Fernando Aguiar, and the Windsor Border Stars as being inexplicably still active. Depending on the team, Aguiar is even a pretty attractive signing.

Daniel you mean?

And if so no surprise he has always been in FM

Really?

I found that the database created a big jump in Canadian talent. By the mid-20's (yeah I went longer than that I have no life etc), I had 4-5 players starring in the EPL.

Also I found it a lot easier to win before...now as Canada I've lost friendlies to Poland, Jamaica, Montenegro and Switzerland, while managing a tie in Macedonia and beating Bolivia. Yikes

quote:Originally posted by theaub

Really?

I found that the database created a big jump in Canadian talent. By the mid-20's (yeah I went longer than that I have no life etc), I had 4-5 players starring in the EPL.

Also I found it a lot easier to win before...now as Canada I've lost friendlies to Poland, Jamaica, Montenegro and Switzerland, while managing a tie in Macedonia and beating Bolivia. Yikes

Yeah, I think it's a random generator from what I read...I've always felt the lack of a domestic league leads to undercreation and development of Canadians in the game.

I was literally capping everybody I could on that game, lol.

quote:Originally posted by TFCRegina

Yeah, I think it's a random generator from what I read...I've always felt the lack of a domestic league leads to undercreation and development of Canadians in the game.

I was literally capping everybody I could on that game, lol.

Yep I totally agree like 2 good Canadians would be developed from some CSL clubs and then they'd just max out by being decent MLS players. I remember in FM 2008 Keegan Ayre being unreal, I signed him and he was my best player on TFC. One time I got this unreal Canadian keeper out of nowhere and like the next season he was starting in Serie A for Brescia and he was my starter for 2010.

You've got to turn on "load all players from Canada" when you start a new game, this gives you ~300 players to choose from (double that at the beginning) at all times.

but dont forget to turn on the other main concacrap nations to make it realistic.

Here is the read me.

USA & Canada Custom Leagues V1.0 (updated 10/30/009) www.fmnorthamerica.com

Put this file in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 and make sure it's selected when you start a new game.

MAKE SURE YOU SELECT CANADA AND USA AND ALL DIVISIONS FOR FULL EFFECT.

Okay, here's the list of changes and improvements made for the FMNA USA/Can League files. I concede I've taken a few creative licenses not all will approve of, but I think it's the best compromise where compromise was needed due to hard-coding or other issues. Due to the resctrictions placed on the calendar for USA (hard coded to MLS's start and end date) it's necessary to play the Canadian leagues at the same time to ensure all competitions load as they're split in some instances.

USA:

Playable Competitive Tournaments added:

USL-D1

USL-D2

PDL

NPSL

MLS Academy (fictional 14 team league of youth players).

Playable Friendly Tournaments added:

ChivaClassico (Chivas + Chivas USA)

Carolina Challenge Cup (Charlotte + 3 MLS)

Lamar Hunt Pioneer Cup (FCD and Cbs)

US-Brazil Challenge (FCD & Paranaese)

Not-Playable:

NCAA Division 1 teams (86) which also houses the IMG Academy.

NCAA College cup (viewable as the correct 48 team format).

All NCAA teams will feed into the MLS Superdraft now.

Canada:

Playable Competitive Tournaments added:

CSL

CSL Reserve Division

PCSL

NTC/RTC League (this is a way to include the National and Regional training centers to aid with both more, and better quality Canadian regens).

Playable Friendly Tournaments added:

Carlsberg Cup (TFC + Argentine team)

Players:

I've added a number of players, mainly the top seniors and US U20 and U17 starters, those that weren't in already. This is always an area that could be improved and I welcome someone to pick up the balla nd run with it.

Issues:

Well, the overage players into the NCAA sides is an issue, and occasionally you'll see a recycled player in the draft but that was a known issue anyways.

Tackling the lower levels did highlight some holes in the offical DB for which Tristan and I will have to hold up our hands.

There are a number of out of date teams in the NPSL and PCSL and even a few in the PDL and one inthe CSL that had to be corrected.

The amount of work, especially with the college teams means that more detail could certainly be used at the team and player/non-player level for Tier 4.

Credits:

Tristan helped out on the NCAA teams as well. If anyone wants to use this, please feel free so long as you both credit FMNA and post it back here for us to review too.

Aljarov

www.fmnorthamerica.com

Archived