Video - FC Dallas v TFC - Oct 11 08

Massive Attack

What a joke this game was. Toronto finally showed us that they actually belong in the post season with that amazing comeback and look what happens. That was the stupidest penalty I'ver ever seen, then a minute later we won a penalty and he didn't even call it. It'll take a miracle for us to make it now.

quote:Originally posted by michaeltfc91

What a joke this game was. Toronto finally showed us that they actually belong in the post season with that amazing comeback and look what happens. That was the stupidest penalty I'ver ever seen, then a minute later we won a penalty and he didn't even call it. It'll take a miracle for us to make it now.

I get a sick feeling that league, refs, USSF, CSA, US soccer fans, Toronto haters etc.. don't like us at all and don't want us in playoffs. So many dumb calls have been made against us while we rarely get any favourable calls in return. I wonder if this game took place in Toronto, the ref would have made that penalty call.

guys the end of that game had nothing to do with the refs. the call against TFC was an easy one. we have no one to blame but Juluis James. that was absolutely uncalled for. wtf was he thinking? and the non-call the other way wasn't a call either. I hate to say it.

Is that 4 games now 'lost' in the dying mins? imagine where TFC could be if they could have stayed composed for even two of those matches? not to mention the EDU f-up in Vancouver in the 88'. TFC would have been in the CONCACRAP tourney as well. Hopefully the team learns from this.

back to James though... here are his post game comments:

"Added James: "It's disappointing. We feel like we should have gotten three points. We worked hard all week and put in all the effort. We were a goal up and at the end, we have to share a point. I don't even know what to say."

Commical no? On the field for only a few mins and his first touch is a molestation of Serioux.

dgroen you are completly right, On the TFC facebok group i brought the same point about james fouling seroiux and at least 5 people swear at me told me to go &%&% myself, said to f off,said i had no clueand told me to never coment on the tfc facebook group again. later on someone else said that i had a point.

it was an awful foul, James is supost to be realy good in the air so why didnt he jump up for it?

Too many TFC fans are unable to watch a match objectively. I support the team but i'm not going to rant and rave about a call that goes against my team if its totally justified.

The reality is that Julius James, the worst soccer player on the TFC senior roster (he might be a great athlete but he's clueless as a footballer) pulled Serioux down in the box. Facts are facts. I'll have a lot more respect for Carver if he sits James' ass on the bench for the remaining 2 games of the season to send the message that stupidity has consequences.

quote:Originally posted by dgroen

Is that 4 games now 'lost' in the dying mins? imagine where TFC could be if they could have stayed composed for even two of those matches? not to mention the EDU f-up in Vancouver in the 88'. TFC would have been in the CONCACRAP tourney as well. Hopefully the team learns from this.

That would have made no difference because of the goal differential unless we won by 3 versus Vancouver we needed a win vs. Montreal.

I hate these homer TFC fans. I bleed TFC but come on! That was a CLEAR penalty, what was James thinking? Serioux isn't going to score on a vertical leaping header from the top of the 18! Why pull him down?

ARRGGH! Can we not blame a loss on MLS for a change? And maybe think that we just weren't good enough?

Attakora should start EVERY game on this team. He is CLEARLY our best center back. Quick, GREAT touches, good in the air, smart and great technically.

Why are Velez and James even on this team? We have a guy who is 8 years and 5 years younger than those guys respectively who can play them off the pitch. I really want to see Attakora get a chance with the MNT, I have been blown away by his play and he has only started 3 matches.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

The reality is that Julius James, the worst soccer player on the TFC senior roster (he might be a great athlete but he's clueless as a footballer).

I'd say it's Jarred Smith, but Julius James is close. Leaving Boyens for this guy has been a joke and Boyens isn't even good.

As you sort of reasoned, TFC has too many athletes, not enough footballers.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

Attakora made the horrible clearance/giveaway that led to Dallas' first goal.

He's still good though.

I can live with that considering we really only had false hope going into this game and by giving him experience we can mold him into a regular starter someday.

In all honesty he was no worse than the average guy we put on our back line, except Julius James, who he was much better than.

Think people are too hard on Marco Velez sometimes. Not reasonable to expect too much more for 60k in an MLS context. Where Carver screwed up was starting him after Tebilly arrived on the basis of the keeping a winning team together stuff. Attakora-Gyan is a year or two away still, in my opinion. The young Canadian player I think should have been used more in recent weeks is Tyler Rosenlund but there seems to be a British style emphasis on pace late in the game.

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

Think people are too hard on Marco Velez sometimes. Not reasonable to expect too much more for 60k in an MLS context. Where Carver screwed up was starting him after Tebilly arrived on the basis of the keeping a winning team together stuff. Attakora-Gyan is a year or two away still, in my opinion. The young Canadian player I think should have been used more in recent weeks is Tyler Rosenlund but there seems to be a British style emphasis on pace late in the game.

I don't care how much Velez makes, he shouldn't be starting. He is starting on this team he should be judged on performances not salary. None of this he only makes $60k so he gets a pass stuff.

Attakora Gyan is ready to go imo. I don't see any major flaws that will stop him from starting in MLS. I mean look at Wynne the guy can't do much else but run but is a MLS star. Attakora can run and actually defend.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

I don't care how much Velez makes, he shouldn't be starting. He is starting on this team he should be judged on performances not salary. None of this he only makes $60k so he gets a pass stuff.

Attakora Gyan is ready to go imo. I don't see any major flaws that will stop him from starting in MLS. I mean look at Wynne the guy can't do much else but run but is a MLS star. Attakora can run and actually defend.

That statement about Wynne may have been true last year, but this season he has shown a lot of growth as a soccer player. These past three games have especially shown just how far he has come, and I would not be surprised if Wynne takes over the USMNT RB role from Cherundolo and Hejduk before 2010.

As for Nana, I like the kid, and I think he'll see a lot more minutes next season. He needs to put on a few pounds if he wants to play central defence in a physical league like MLS, though. Hopefully Winsper can help him in that regard, because his brain is already there, IMO.

Wynne still has a lot of flaws and it is amazing how he is rated because he has scored two goals. The first was a lucky goal at that and he'll be the first one to tell you that, he has no ball skill and still can't cross and is caught out of position way too much.

Archived