Sportsnet NOT showing Canada v. Honduras?

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

Forget PPV, if its not on Sports net it should be on Setanta, they own half of that channel don't they?

And I was going to write it's time like these that I'm disappointed with my Setanta subscription. From my experience they cater to European countries that I am not really interested in watching (ex Denmark, Norway etc). Their premier league coverage only seems to be good if you support Man Utd. If it's on Setanta than great if not I'll be on the computer looking at updated scores

Also the USL final is going to be on at the same time ... just great.

It is on the same day. I haven't seen anything stating it will be on at the same time as the Canada match unless you have info about this. The Canada match is at 7:30 in Honduras which will be 9:30 Eastern Time. I can't see the final being held this late except in the very, very, very unlikely event that it is held in Vancouver.:D We all know the final will be in Montreal!

Why does this always have to be so hard?

Four digital channels. Four bloody channels. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect to see a Canadian World Cup qualifier live on one of those four channels. If that forces a niche market to go out and subscribe to the SportsNet digital package, tough. Deal with it. Life's hard. Wear a helmet.

The CSA needs to address whatever agreement it has with SportsNet because it sucks and fire the fool that signed off on it. The CSA needs to be more proactive and pursue a deal with a rival network, like say, oh I don't know that CBC broadcaster which somehow manages to find the will to broadcast the Montreal Impact Champions League matches on their digital channel. All SIX matches. You guys have heard of the CONCACAF Champions League right? No? USL 1st Division? Montreal Impact? No, huh. How about the World Cup? Yeah!? Wheh. That's a relief. Gotta wonder how the Impact get on the air and Canada doesn't...

Swing a deal where GolTV could pickup the live domestic broadcast rights if SportsNet doesn't agree to a live broadcast 7 or 10 days in advance of a fixture. Or let CBCSports.ca do a live webcast should SportsNet decline to carry such a fixture live. Geezus, put your thinking caps on people.

But get out of this deal with SportsNet or demand better treatment of your product. The nickles and dimes SportsNet is throwing in the CSA poor box does the CSA products more harm than good.

Breath....breath. Count to ten, send an e-mail asking about broadcast plans and don't jump the gun. Don't panic. Breath...

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

It is on the same day. I haven't seen anything stating it will be on at the same time as the Canada match unless you have info about this. The Canada match is at 7:30 in Honduras which will be 9:30 Eastern Time. I can't see the final being held this late except in the very, very, very unlikely event that it is held in Vancouver.:D We all know the final will be in Montreal!

Concacaf had 7:30 listed and I assumed all the times were ET as no time zones are listed. I hope I'm wrong and you are right.

quote:Originally posted by superbrad

Hey during the Impact game CBC gave an indication that they would be showing games (or a game). Anyone else catch that?

First off CBC don't have the rights to the game. Secondly that night is the first saturday of the NHL season other than the games is Europe so they'll be showing the Leafs-Habs game and Canucks- Flames game...

Just got an email from sportsnet:

Thanks for your recent email. We are still finalizing transmission details for that soccer match. Once they are confirmed, we will add that game to the schedule on one of our four channels.

And there ya go...

FWIW, the last three games have been streamed live at betfair.com (probably at other betting sites too, but I use betfair so I can't say for sure). You need an account to watch, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to deposit money to open an account.

quote:Originally posted by sting

I thought Honduras was on central time. Which would make it 8:30 EST. Not sure.

They are on central time but do not observe daylight savings time so are currently 2 hours earlier than ET. I think CONCACAF lists local times. Fox apparently is the one that has determined the starting time for the match which is 8 pm regardless of location. Thus, my current understanding is the USL final will be at 8 pm ET and the Canada-Honduras match at 9:30 ET.

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

And there ya go...

FWIW, the last three games have been streamed live at betfair.com (probably at other betting sites too, but I use betfair so I can't say for sure). You need an account to watch, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to deposit money to open an account.

Ah, good to know. I only tried streaming one match from Betfair (I have an account) but it didn't work. The site does warn about geographic restrictions, so I figured that had gotten in the way.

Archived