Honduran Team Problems....

Trillium

Dissension has arrived in the Honduran team, with one player walking out on the team last night and needing to be coaxed back into travel to Montreal.

"RUEDA SACA" A RAMBO" The midfielder Julio Cesar "Rambo" de Leon deserto anoche de la concentracion de la seleccion hondurena de futbol....

El capitan Amado Guevara pide a Julio de Leon que no abande la concentracion...

Its not clear if Rambo who plays for Parma in the Italian league will travel today to Montreal where the team is scheduled into the Double Tree Hotel at 505 Sherbrooke some three miles from Saputo Stadium.

Apparently Rambo is holding out to be paid for playing with his National Team, he is arguing his career is more important at his club side.

We can only hope he appears in Montreal to be warmly greated by Canadian and Honduran fans...

There is lots of coverage in the local press of the game, full page ads by Radio America with Maple leaves on the grass of football field a rake set to brush away what looks to be eleven leaves...

The add tag line is "venimos a barrer con Canada, nada esta a salvo con el poderio hondureno ... que va por el triunfo " which roughly translates to .... We come to rake Canada, with the Power of Honduras there is danger, we will triumph.

The La Prensa article mentions that he thinks Honduran football is backwards and they should stop thinking they're so great. They don't even have a field to train on and not even African teams are as poorly off. Says his club pays his bills and look out for him, but not the Honduran fed. Sounds also like he might have an injury, but says he will be ready to play. Also, Edgar Alvarez just arrived from Pisa.

Just read the Tribuna article too. Looks like De Leon had an argument with Rueda and stormed out around midnight last night. De Leon bitched about the lack of proper medical treatment (which i think implies he has a knock of some sort) and Rueda told him maybe they were better off without him. So he left the hotel and bitched to the Honduran reporters about Rueda and maybe he'll return in 80 years to play for Honduras. Then Guevara and Suazo came out 25 minutes later and talked him out of leaving.

I just translated that article with google and I think I'm more confused after reading that than I was the Spanish version :).

Unfourtunately I know very little about the Hondurans, do they normally get along? If not maybe this de Leon stuff is nothing to get to excited about.

They are certainly not spending very much on a hotel. The doubletree is a decent 3 star hotel, I would have no problem recommending it to Voyageurs who want to stay there. Yet it is far below the standard of hotel a professional soccer player would be used to. Rooms usually run about $100 to $130 per night there.

The add tag line is "venimos a barrer con Canada, nada esta a salvo con el poderio hondureno ... que va por el triunfo " which roughly translates to .... We come to rake Canada, with the Power of Honduras there is danger, we will triumph.

actually it is funny that tag from Honduras, it reveals that they are afraid of this game . it means " we came to sweep Canada, because nothing is safe against Hondura`s power that is looking for a victory", it is just stupid,

quote:Originally posted by CanadianSoccerFan

Wants to be paid eh? Who's up for waving money at this guy if he takes a corner?

Actually I will be coming back with limperias.. 20 to the dollar.. I think we could toss a couple of hundred at him .. or the keeper.. just to make the point ... they can be bought...opps paid for...opps again .. maybe right word is given International Aid ?

quote:Originally posted by Javier

actually it is funny that tag from Honduras, it reveals that they are afraid of this game . it means " we came to sweep Canada, because nothing is safe against Hondura`s power that is looking for a victory", it is just stupid,

Agreed on your translation ..but the image was of a fan rake .. one we use to sweep up maple leaves in the fall.. so hence the translation ... being more adaption and Rake is much more emotive word in english..drop the k add a p and you get what they are getting at...its actually pretty good advert..now if only we had plasticized maple leaves to frisbee onto the field .... just imagine the points..would carrying a maple leaf into the stadium be considered dangerous ?

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

The La Prensa article mentions that he thinks Honduran football is backwards and they should stop thinking they're so great. They don't even have a field to train on and not even African teams are as poorly off. Says his club pays his bills and look out for him, but not the Honduran fed.

Bingo.

Their press thinks these guys are amazing and CONCACAF giants. They have one real world class player who rarely shows up for International duty. One good MLS player and a few good european based players.

Hope our boys bring these guys back TO EARTH.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Actually I will be coming back with limperias.. 20 to the dollar.. I think we could toss a couple of hundred at him .. or the keeper.. just to make the point ... they can be bought...opps paid for...opps again .. maybe right word is given International Aid ?

Lets not motivate him to come out more for international duty. Sounds like the guy is ready to bolt from their WCQ campaign which is good for us, lets not try and motivate him to get some Honduran pride.

GolTV news just reported that De Leon is not making the trip because of a hernia injury.

He originally made comments to the press about the team medical staff not being able to treat his injury properly and that Honduras were in the "caveman era". So then Rueda called him up to his room to explain himself and then the drama started.

Rueda is saying he's not coming because of his injury and not because of the argument.

GolTV news just reported that De Leon is not making the trip because of a hernia injury.

He originally made comments to the press about the team medical staff not being able to treat his injury properly and that Honduras were in the "caveman era". So then Rueda called him up to his room to explain himself and then the drama started.

Rueda is saying he's not coming because of his injury and not because of the argument.

What? Didn't that previous article say that he had the argument IN MONTREAL at the hotel?

My spanish isn't great and i don't understand all that i read, but i didn't see where he said he wanted to get paid. He said his club team pays him, not the national team and that his club team takes care of him (medically) and the Honduran fed. can't. I think this is like the Jason DeVos foot injury from 4 years ago, but a with a different twist.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

What? Didn't that previous article say that he had the argument IN MONTREAL at the hotel?

The argument was in Fort Lauderdale where the Hondurans were training until this morning when they flew to Montreal. Here's the tagline from the Tribuna story:

Fort Lauderdale.-Las explosivas declaraciones que brindó Julio César “Rambo” León, al llegar a la concentración de la selección hondureña aquí en Fort Lauderdale, obligaron al técnico del equipo nacional Reinaldo Rueda a separarlo.

Guest speedmonk42

Perfect! Rambo De Leon has had ongoing issues with showing up for national team duty, though usually it was because anytime he went home to Honduras he was served with papers relating to a paternity suit filed by his ex-girlfriend.

Why do you know that?

lol

Archived