WCQ live on Sportsnet

masster

Here is the response I received:

Thanks for your recent e-mail. Rogers Sportsnet will be airing the 2010 World Cup South Africa Qualifying Match featuring Jamaica vs. Canada on Wednesday, August 20 at 7:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. MT/4:30 p.m. PT, live on Sportsnet West and Pacific for viewers with all Sportsnet channels. The match will also air in tape-delay on Sportsnet East and Ontario at 11 p.m. ET, on Sportsnet West at 11 p.m. MT and on Sportsnet Pacific at 8 p.m. PT.

Sincerely,

Matthew Lamb

Audience Relations

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by masster

Here is the response I received:

Thanks for your recent e-mail. Rogers Sportsnet will be airing the 2010 World Cup South Africa Qualifying Match featuring Jamaica vs. Canada on Wednesday, August 20 at 7:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. MT/4:30 p.m. PT, live on Sportsnet West and Pacific for viewers with all Sportsnet channels. The match will also air in tape-delay on Sportsnet East and Ontario at 11 p.m. ET, on Sportsnet West at 11 p.m. MT and on Sportsnet Pacific at 8 p.m. PT.

Sincerely,

Matthew Lamb

Audience Relations

Thank god!!!!

The online schedule has not been corrected to reflect this yet. However, my understanding is that you will need a digital box to watch this live.

For example, if you are in the Pacific region, the Blue Jays game will be live on Sportsnet, but you will be able to watch the game live on Sportsnet West.

This is the response I received.

Sincerely,

Matthew Lamb

Audience Relations

Hello Davyd,

Thanks for your recent e-mail. Rogers Sportsnet will be airing the 2010

World Cup South Africa Qualifying Match featuring Jamaica vs. Canada on

Wednesday, August 20 at 7:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. MT/4:30 p.m. PT, live on

Sportsnet West and Pacific for viewers with all Sportsnet channels. The

match will also air in tape-delay on Sportsnet East and Ontario at 11

p.m. ET, on Sportsnet West at 11 p.m. MT and on Sportsnet Pacific at 8

p.m. PT.

Sincerely,

Matthew Lamb

Audience Relations

:-)

Hello,

Sincerely,

Daniel Zaiontz

Audience Relations

quote:Originally posted by masster

The online schedule has not been corrected to reflect this yet. However, my understanding is that you will need a digital box to watch this live.

For example, if you are in the Pacific region, the Blue Jays game will be live on Sportsnet, but you will be able to watch the game live on Sportsnet West.

I read the same as well on a Sportsnet blog. Not everyone has the digital box, I assume... so some might still be out of luck. Are the Blue Jays playing at home that night? (If so, that is going to be one helluva traffic jam on the Gardiner/QEW...)

This is indeed great news. I'm sure that a combination of our complaints and some internal negotiations at RSN made this happen. Good decision RSN and thanks to our soccer friends at RSN (you know who you are) who helped make this happen.

By the way, tomorrow is the first broadcast of Soccer Saturday on RSN for the 2008/2009 EPL season. Gerry and Craig will have interviews with Dale Mitchell and Steve Nash. the shows starts at noon EST (9am PST). Bound to be some good stuff for all Canadian soccer fans and especially Whitecaps fans.

Well, if it is digital cable only then I, personally, am still up the creek despite being in the Pacific region (because, you know, over here in Victoria we're <i>totally</i> interested in watching the insignificant Blue Jays nap their way through another loss).

Still. It's progress.

I don't think it's digital cable only. If you live in Victoria and don't have satellite or digital cable then the only channel you get is Sportsnet Pacific. So you will see the game live.

It's only those without digi cab and sat in the East and Ontario regions who wont see it live.

It is digital cable only, otherwise they would not have specified 'for those viewers with all Sportsnet channels' in the release. So if you are in Sportsnet West territory, I believe the non-digital version will show baseball, have to go to Sportsnet Pacific for the soccer. Alternately, in Sportsnet Pacific territory, soccer on digital Sportsnet West.

Archived