How fun is this?

While the VCup was mainly an afterthought in season's past, this year's is just something else. I'm paying more attention to it and feel more into it than I do the Impact's league play!

Having tight competitive games and upsets is great!

I too am looking forward to these games with so much more anticipation than anything in the past year and a half.

Oddly, the fact that one team is in the MLS makes this event all the more interesting because there is now pride at stake. I am convinced that this event wouldn't have the same allude if all three teams were playing in the same circuit ( ie.: USL and MLS). Little things also help such as the fact that its on TV and the fact that if you look in the stats page of any newspapers, there is section with the standing a results for this event. Also, a bonus is the fact that the schedule is somewhat more condensed and the games aren't played as far apart as previously whereby we were at the mercy of the USL schedule maker.

BY the way, has anyone seen what the TV ratings were for these matches?

Unfortunately the interest from members of this board did not carry over to casual fans judging by the attendance at the Montreal v Caps game at Swangard. It was the lowest attendance of the season. Being a midweek game shouldn't matter. If you are a true supporter of the team you will realise how important this competition is.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

While the VCup was mainly an afterthought in season's past, this year's is just something else. I'm paying more attention to it and feel more into it than I do the Impact's league play!

Having tight competitive games and upsets is great!

And it was totally great to be tune in last weekend and see some Canadians on the field...!

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

I am convinced that this event wouldn't have the same allude if all three teams were playing in the same circuit ( ie.: USL and MLS).

BY the way, has anyone seen what the TV ratings were for these matches?

It is the Havant & Waterlooville syndrome as I call it. The underdog on a roll is great fun to watch. I hope when the 3 are all in the MLS that they keep some USL or other teams in it.

I am curious about the TV numbers myself. Anyone know?

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

Unfortunately the interest from members of this board did not carry over to casual fans judging by the attendance at the Montreal v Caps game at Swangard. It was the lowest attendance of the season. Being a midweek game shouldn't matter. If you are a true supporter of the team you will realise how important this competition is.

It will take time.

Nobody has any idea what it even is.

People are only starting to figure out what the Gold Cup is after... how many years and we even won it.

We are getting there.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

It would help if the people in charge did any kind of advertising...

But then they would probably waste their precious advertisement money on promoting the game to people who already know what's going on, like us.

Archived