June 20: St-VAG @ CAN (WCQ) - Game thread

Daniel

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jeffery S.

Who is #2, very sloppy and lack of concentration.

Anyone get the feeling that this team is less promising than the one that lost to Brazil, I mean where is the basic sense of how to not play into the other side's style? A drop in intensity and you see the flaws, in the back, and in the details, like with DeRo, an atrocious passer who almost always makes the wrong decision on the ball, or Issey, just too inexperienced.

I really wish DeRo would get out of MSL as they level is not favouring him, but I fear this last year was the moment, and he missed it. I don't deny he has drive and is a bit wild and can do things, has impetus and balls too, I like him and think he is a starter for sure, but he could be so much better. All he needs is decent coaching and a higher level of play to tune his skills with.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Who is #2, very sloppy and lack of concentration.

Anyone get the feeling that this team is less promising than the one that lost to Brazil, I mean where is the basic sense of how to not play into the other side's style? A drop in intensity and you see the flaws, in the back, and in the details, like with DeRo, an atrocious passer who almost always makes the wrong decision on the ball, or Issey, just too inexperienced.

That's Cann, #2.

As for the intensity/form issues and playing down to our opposition, I understand where you are coming from. We should be killing this game off like we did against better opponents at the GC: perhaps the subs and the hunting for goals have disrupted the continuity too much, I don't know.

Guest Jeffery S.

Who is #8, on the left at the back? His movement off the ball is all wrong, you can tell he is not used to playing possession out of the back and he is thinking about the centre backs hoofing it up all the time, he does not help by moving out wide and giving an option on the pass.

He defends well though.

These are just irritating things that make you think that only a few of our guys really are committed to modern football, possession, passing and looking intelligently for the chance. That bugs me, it puts us way behind the States still. And the fault above all is the coach's.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Who is #8, on the left at the back? His movement off the ball is all wrong, you can tell he is not used to playing possession out of the back and he is thinking about the centre backs hoofing it up all the time, he does not help by moving out wide and giving an option on the pass.

He defends well though.

These are just irritating things that make you think that only a few of our guys really are committed to modern football, possession, passing and looking intelligently for the chance. That bugs me, it puts us way behind the States still. And the fault above all is the coach's.

The fifa match report has the names that corresponds to the numbers. #8 is De Jong.

Archived