Tébily in - its official

Here's a link to thescore.ca's report:

http://www.thescore.ca/blogs/footy/index.asp?name=footy/#4728

The disturbing thing is the update with Kristian Jack reporting that he's heard that Tyler Hemming has been released to make room for Tebily. That news can't be correct, because Tyler Hemming was never on the senior roster, so releasing him wouldn't make room for Tebily. Plus why get rid of a promising Canuck on the verge of breaking into the senior roster, one who was said to be a favourite of the coach?

If that news is true, I will be absolutely livid.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Here's a link to thescore.ca's report:

http://www.thescore.ca/blogs/footy/index.asp?name=footy/#4728

The disturbing thing is the update with Kristian Jack reporting that he's heard that Tyler Hemming has been released to make room for Tebily. That news can't be correct, because Tyler Hemming was never on the senior roster, so releasing him wouldn't make room for Tebily. Plus why get rid of a promising Canuck on the verge of breaking into the senior roster, one who was said to be a favourite of the coach?

If that news is true, I will be absolutely livid.

been following your comments over at u-sector and gotta say that you are my new hero over there - although the hemming situation may not be what it seems, he is gone in any event and was poorly paid and not given much of chance to prove anything

i like how you are perhaps the only one over there left commenting on the big picture regarding canadians - keep at it and remain livid - we know tfc officials watch closely over there and it helps to remind people from time to time that there was a mandate there to help develop canadians that just isnt being supported one bit

From what I've seen of Hemming, I don't think he'll have any trouble catching on with a decent side in Europe.

It appears his departure reflects more on the cap than TFC management. But here's what I don't get:

When I was 18, going to university, I'd spend April to August tree planting to make money for school. If I could have made $13k playing soccer, I would have been pretty happy. I can't understand for the life of me why TFC can't find a few more 18-21 year-olds in the GTA to put on the developmental roster. To me it seems like the perfect student job for a kid that is not good enough to make professional dollars in Europe. Not to mention it's good community relations for the club.

What's the hold up? And why doesn't this club have scouts?

Archived