Whitecaps section for Montreal (June 17): tickets

One is considering, but that's about it. Two others already have tickets to a concert in Vancouver that day. Personally I'm keen to get back in good time on Saturday, as many of us are doing the Whitecaps doubleheader on the Sunday: Reserves (PDL) away to Abbotsford (the local derby?) at 1pm, and the first team at home at 7pm.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

I was planning to go early, basically as soon as the gates opened, to put up our custom-made "Whitecaps on Tour" flag. However, apparently Impact stadium rules (rather than CSA stadium rules) will apply to this match, and thus no flags will be allowed to be hung. At all. Anywhere.

Still might go a bit early, as I will have to pick up our tickets from the ticket office.

I guess we can go to a pub downtown before the match, and then take the Metro to the match. I doubt there will be any offers to join the Impact supporters at Bar 99. [:o)] I'll try to confirm the place to meet sometime tomorrow morning/afternoon on here.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

I was planning to go early, basically as soon as the gates opened, to put up our custom-made "Whitecaps on Tour" flag. However, apparently Impact stadium rules (rather than CSA stadium rules) will apply to this match, and thus no flags will be allowed to be hung. At all. Anywhere.

Still might go a bit early, as I will have to pick up our tickets from the ticket office.

I guess we can go to a pub downtown before the match, and then take the Metro to the match. I doubt there will be any offers to join the Impact supporters at Bar 99. [:o)] I'll try to confirm the place to meet sometime tomorrow morning/afternoon on here.

Hahah I'm not sure if the offer still stands but many days ago I remember seeing it's ok for you to go, it's only off limits for TFC fans.

[8D]

Ask dan and Mpenza.

Hmmm, since Smiddy wants to watch the Oranje match at 2:45pm, how about this:

McLean's Pub

1210 Peel

(514) 392-7770

http://www.mcleanspub.com/

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2347120510

* All Euro 2008 matches on HD

A short distance from Lucien-L'Allier on the orange line (and oh, what a coincidence, a short walk from our hostel). :D

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the tip. It looks good - much less "plastic" than McLean's... but the key question is, will we be able to watch Euro 2008 matches there? There's nothing about Euro 2008 on their website (http://www.les3brasseurs.ca/eng/ste_catherine.php), unlike McLean's, which is promoting Euro 2008 heavily.

Also, from the small photos, there don't seem to be too many TVs at Trois Brasseurs. Can you recall from past visits if this is the case? I got the feeling from the McLean's website that we'd be able to watch both matches (Netherlands v Romania and France v Italy) simultaneously there.

Trois Brasseurs has a good location, though - Berri-UQAM, which is the transfer station between the green and orange Metro lines. I'm pretty sure all of us will be passing through that station between our hostels/hotels and Stade Saputo.

quote:Originally posted by Trident

Hahah I'm not sure if the offer still stands but many days ago I remember seeing it's ok for you to go, it's only off limits for TFC fans.

[8D]

Ask dan and Mpenza.

As long as youllneverwalkalone doesn't insult Belgium, things will not get ugly at Bar 99 should you decide to show up. (I'm willing to leave the recent events aside, see that a a peace offering between Belgium and Canada, hehe).

I recommend showing up AFTER the game, because it's 10 times more fun, usually. And then we can show you how to make your way back downtown when we miss (yet again) the last subway.

I got home at 2 in the morning last night... [xx(]

Wow. Vancouver boys asking us to meet them outside the stadium after the game. We'll have to put the leash on our blood-thirsty ultras at the end of the game. :)

Do me a favor. Let's all meet INSIDE the stadium, in front of the boutique, which is right behind the goal on the olympic stadium side (the open end). You can't miss it, it's where Impact players send most of their shots nowadays.

We'll meet there, in clear view of security guards and Impact staff. That should be fun. :D

I am going to watch the Euro games with at least one other Ultra (who doesn't post here) at Le Saint Bock which is one of Montreal's nicest bars and is also a brewpub with Montreal's largest beer selection. The bar is located near Berri-UQAM metro station on rue St. Denis. After the games we will head to Bar 99. It is If anyone is interested in joining us I can send you my phone number by PM.

Here is the bar's website: http://www.lesaintbock.com/html/home.html

Yup. Le Saint-Bock is a really cool place. The beer selection is incredible (the best in the city?). Much better spot than Mc Lean's. I recommend it.

And it's 30 seconds away from the Les Trois Brasseurs location on Berri, on the other side of the street.

Archived