• 1 month later...

Daniel, would you mind if I uploaded the picture from the website onto wikipedia? I had it on there but apparently the licensing wasn't strict enough so it was deleted. If you don't mind, I'll upload it again and click the box that says "owner has given me permission", that should keep it from deletion without any problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. The CSA now have the Voyageurs Cup in Ottawa, preparing for the 2008 Champion.

Apparently the Voyageurs Cup case we had custom made has gone missing. The Impact think it must have been lost when moving offices/stadiums.

As per our contract, the CSA are now fully responsible and will have a new one made.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Just a quick update. The CSA now have the Voyageurs Cup in Ottawa, preparing for the 2008 Champion.

Apparently the Voyageurs Cup case we had custom made has gone missing. The Impact think it must have been lost when moving offices/stadiums.

As per our contract, the CSA are now fully responsible and will have a new one made.

That's good to hear that they are making a new one but it's a shame that Montreal apparently has lost the old one!

Suuure they lost it. ;) lol

quote:Originally posted by nazzer

Will there be a trophy presentation at the last match in Toronto? After the Montreal vs Vancouver match in Swangard its pretty much impossible for Vancouver to win it.

We will see how the tourney goes. It doesn't have to happen right after someone wins, particularly since thew trophy is now in Ottawa.

There will be a representative from the Voyageurs at the presentation as well.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

If that last game is indeed for all the marbles, it would be great to have the cup on display during the game (with ribbons!) and have the winner lift it.

It would be a real classy tradition to start.

The CSA will handle it any way the winning team would like.

It's not often our clubs can rightfully call themselves champion, so I'm sure whatever the date or location, it will be well done.

For Montreal, it has happened every year.

Isn't the last game pretty well guaranteed to be the decider now? No reason not to have the trophy on display and presented to the winner. Unless Vancouver take 6 points from Toronto, winning by 2+ goals both games, and set up a 3-way tie (providing toronto beats montreal) -- which I think we can agree is unlikely -- TFC-Impact will be "the final", whether their points totals are 9 and 6, 7 and 6, 6 and 6, 5 and 6, or 4 and 6.

Maybe I've just missed it, but has there been any publicity about the Voyageurs Cup being used on official websites? Wouldn't hurt to mention that the teams are vieing for this particular trophy. Rather than compromising the integrity of the tournament, I feel that it legitimizes it and gives it historical significance. Much as the Stanley Cup preceded the NHL, so too does the Voyageurs Cup date back to pre-CC days.

Archived