Holding the CSA accountable

RJB

I think it's a great idea to keep a thread of things the CSA say they will do and of questions they won't answer (if any). It's a good way for the fans here and the media people who browse the forum to keep tabs on what they're up to whether it be positive or negative. It will make whatever contructive mail we send them more meaningful if shared on a public forum. Maybe the mods could make it a sticky?

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

I think I won. I sent in the old logo with a normal font, and thats now the logo. Where is my prize?

I'm joking, but I did send that in.

If you have proof of this I see a clear opportunity for big money litigation. I think they mentioned that submissions become their property, but what of the lack of recognition leading to emotional and psychological pain and suffering I'm sure you endured.

• 10 months later...

We're coming up to the one year anniversary of the CSA saying that they were bringing back their online store. Good to know that they move quickly. Some people may think that I'm being too picky, but they said it, so they should do it.

We're coming up to the one year anniversary of the CSA saying that they were bringing back their online store. Good to know that they move quickly. Some people may think that I'm being too picky, but they said it, so they should do it.

Its just so funny how I will be talking with people who follow soccer in Canada and have a discussion about the EPL, Champions league, Euros and then I bring up Canada and they don't even know any of the players and have no idea that we have our best team ever with a ton of talent.

Just so disheartening to think what it could do for soccer and our team if we could make these guys household names, and actually get all the soccer supporters to actually support our national team. great CSA you have a team playing attractive soccer with marketable players +TFC doing great things how much easier could it get????

quote:Originally posted by RJB

Don't worry they'll get some web wennie with no clue who will charge them an arm and a leg to do up a coldfusion site that will crash constantly but it will always be something else at fault. It will later turn out to be a relative of one of the CSA members.

quote:Originally posted by Footy

I just tried to get into the site but as soon as clicked on English I got this message.

"This domain is not configured for this service. Please contact the webmaster to have it enabled." [?]

Hey, the reason you got this message is because the URL in RJB's post has an extra period at the end, if you follow this link: www.canadasoccer.com, it'll work fine.

quote:Originally posted by MattRix

Hey, the reason you got this message is because the URL in RJB's post has an extra period at the end, if you follow this link: www.canadasoccer.com, it'll work fine.

So did you actually follow the link and find a Online store ?

I did not at least if its there its not very visible.

why not post all the relevant url texts... in your reply and we can actually find the damn thing if it exists.

quote:Originally posted by villus

Its just so funny how I will be talking with people who follow soccer in Canada and have a discussion about the EPL, Champions league, Euros and then I bring up Canada and they don't even know any of the players and have no idea that we have our best team ever with a ton of talent.

Just so disheartening to think what it could do for soccer and our team if we could make these guys household names, and actually get all the soccer supporters to actually support our national team. great CSA you have a team playing attractive soccer with marketable players +TFC doing great things how much easier could it get????

yeah i feel the same way im still in highschool and whenever me and my friends talk about soccer the second i mention canada they tell me to shut of and that canada sucks. it makes me mad that they dont know the caliber our players play at. if i try to tell them about JDG or DeRo they dont even know who they are so they tell me to shut up and that no canadian players are good!!!

quote:Originally posted by KidCanada

yeah i feel the same way im still in highschool and whenever me and my friends talk about soccer the second i mention canada they tell me to shut of and that canada sucks. it makes me mad that they dont know the caliber our players play at. if i try to tell them about JDG or DeRo they dont even know who they are so they tell me to shut up and that no canadian players are good!!!

Screw them. When we qualify for 2010, you'll be able to say you were there from the beginning.

quote:Originally posted by KidCanada

The town I am in is brutal when it comes to soccer. No one follows soccer expect for my group of friends, the dutch farmers and the teachers at school. A lot of the time we find ourselfs talking to the teachers about soccer. There is no team for kids past the age of 8 which is the problem. At young ages all kinds of kids are active in soccer but by the age of 10 they can not play cause there is no team in most towns so they just lose interest.

In case you can't go to a store. Many people live in places where the jersey is not available. When you can buy pretty much any team's jersey online, it is ridiculous to not be able to buy your own country's.

The BigSoccer store is a prime example. While I can buy the current kits for Georgia, India, Israel, Norway, Slovenia and Togo, the only thing available for Canada is dog tags.

The CSA's not getting any favours with online distribution and if they want to get people supporting the team, they need to at least let them know where to buy the current jersey online.

Archived