Time of Canada-Haiti game on Sportsnet

georg

Did anyone else see that the June 11 game between Canada and Haiti will be shown at 2:00 a.m. EST??? Again show how much commitment is given to soccer fans.

Oh and fans in B.C. get 1440 minutes coverage for this game....[?]

Soccertv says:

Mon Jun 11 06:00PM Pacific

Mon Jun 11 07:00PM Mountain

Mon Jun 11 08:00PM Central

Mon Jun 11 09:00PM Eastern

Mon Jun 11 10:00PM Atlantic

Mon Jun 11 10:30PM Newfoundland

Length: 2 hr LIVE

Rogers Sportsnet - ALL REGIONS - Canada

CONCACAF Gold Cup/Copa Oro

Haiti vs Canada

Rogers sportsnet shows 2 AM on their site and on my digital guide for the regular feed but it looks like the digital Sportnet Pacific will

air it live.

They've been pretty good with the Gold Cup so far so I can only hope they continue this.

quote:Originally posted by georg

On sportsnet TV schedule shows Blue Jays game @ 10:00 p.m. EST.

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/tvschedule/index.php?schedDate=20070611

I know, I said exactly that in my post. I also said that my digital guide for Sportnet East agrees but it shows Sportnet Pacific showing it live.

The Rogers tv schedule is not always correct and they usually use the 4 digital feeds when they have 2 conflicting live events.

quote:Originally posted by Splaty

They just confirmed that it will be on live on 2 of the 4 digital channels

Does anyone know for sure what the coverage will be? I went out and got a digital box JUST IN CASE the ba$tards at Rogers decide to show it live on one digital feed. Digital listings show "TBA" on all channels all evening. Rogers' website show the accursed lazy millionaire Blue Gays on all channels. I refuse to watch a tape delayed game on Rogers because it is guaranteed they will give away the final score, perhaps as an update during the game. (I often wonder whether they do that deliberately to screw soccer fans).

I'll be quite happy when RSN gets out of the soccer coverage altogether. I'll be even happier when the Blue Gays relocate to the US Sun Belt, or go bankrupt.

quote:Originally posted by Dave

Does anyone know for sure what the coverage will be? I went out and got a digital box JUST IN CASE the ba$tards at Rogers decide to show it live on one digital feed. Digital listings show "TBA" on all channels all evening. Rogers' website show the accursed lazy millionaire Blue Gays on all channels. I refuse to watch a tape delayed game on Rogers because it is guaranteed they will give away the final score, perhaps as an update during the game. (I often wonder whether they do that deliberately to screw soccer fans).

I'll be quite happy when RSN gets out of the soccer coverage altogether. I'll be even happier when the Blue Gays relocate to the US Sun Belt, or go bankrupt.

If you get all 4 Rogers feeds, you will get the game live.

thanks guys

and props to SN I suppose for showing it live, tho as usual they failed to promote it properly (or even make it easy to know when it is on).

It seems kind of odd that TFC games are drawing viewership numbers in the same "ballpark" as a certain team of American mercenery baseball players who happen to play half their games at the skydome... yet domestic soccer still gets zero respect by sportsnet, compared with this American baseball team.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Sopcast worked great (but the audio was in Chinese).

I see to have a black screen most of the time on sopcast. It was working this morning, then nothing. Any suggestions. I think the correct port is open.

TVants works, but hangs a lot.

Do you find the signal gets better when the games are on (more viewers)?

quote:Originally posted by Derosario23

Which is the best one to download on this site cause ant tv is really slow.

On the left hand side of myp2p.eu there are links for each of the programs. They should have multiple download links (mirrors). So try a different one if the download is slow.

quote:Originally posted by Derosario23

I see to have a black screen most of the time on sopcast. It was working this morning, then nothing. Any suggestions. I think the correct port is open.

Streams are not 100% reliable as they are run from peoples homes, mostly in china and south asia which a few from other places. Many of the channels will be on Mandarin. Channels marked with a red [EN] will be in English but don't expect any for the gold cup.

You should install and configure tvants and sopcast and try both about 20 minutes before game time to see if the stream is on. If there is more than one option available, try them all and see what gives you the best picture.

Since these streams are peer to peer (like torrents) they function better with a larger number of people watching. The quality won't get any better but they will play smooth and the audio will be properly synced. You can expect 275 to 375 kbps at 320x240 for most streams.

quote:Originally posted by Paddy

Guangdong wasn't working on the Sopcast player this Saturday...worst case scenario try TVAnts, it buffers more but it's still good...

GD is working fine right now. They're showing Chinese aerobics...is it me or do most chinese girls have flat butts?

Archived