Houston Meet Bush, Dero/Onstad missing?

Juby

http://web.mlsnet.com/gen/photogallery/mls/year_2007/month_05/day_30/cf95984.html

maybe I'm just blind cause dero cut his hair but it looks like neither of them are there, I'm wondering whether the couldn't be cleared cause their canadians (maybe they think were terrorists) or whether their so proudly canadian they didn't care to meet bush (which'd be pretty cool) or maybe they have some political cohones???

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Dwayne was training with the Canadian team in Florida for the game against Venezuela,no political reasons at all.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure he could've been excused from training if he were particularly keen to go to the White House.

quote:Originally posted by marktci

Having said that, I'm pretty sure he could've been excused from training if he were particularly keen to go to the White House.

Our MNT was leaving for Venezuela from Miami on may 30, I don't think it was possible for him to attend.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

DeRo was very critical of Bush at the beginning of the Iraq invasion so there might be something to him not showing up for political reasons.

Afghan war wasn't it? After a San Jose game he said the war had to stop, or something like that... his red-blooded American fans in San Jose weren't too happy.

One of the photo captions has the makings of a great contest.

"Dynamo players laugh at something President Bush said"

What did Bush say?

"When did the Houston football team change their name from the Texans to the Dynamo?"

"I can't even spell Afghanistan let alone tell you where it is"

"Someone said the MLS is a Bush league - I like that!"

Let's hear some suggestions.

Davey,what do you mean are they happy now. This stuff is so serious and so devastating and totally beyond our control or even the slightest influence and by the way what do you mean by happy,it is all so stupid yet so big and way beyond our control as I said. I guess it is up to those gunslinging,football playing freaks and you know what I mean by football, the name those freaks stole.One day somebody will do some serious analysis and will show how much this world was damaged by these gunslinging,racist football playing freaks. I am so glad that our boys are not subjest to that stupid termanolygy,hit them hurt them and destroy them,go for his knees and hit him low as hard as you can. It all stinks to high heaven. Thanks Dwayne stay away from these yo yo's.

"these gunslinging,racist football playing freaks".

Are you talking about just the bush white house or all americans in general? That's really harsh to lump all americans into a group with that fool. We didn't all vote for him you know.

(I'm a Yank)

I am talking about GW and surroundings. It's funny that President Carter last week made some very strong statements in which he said that Bush was by far the worst president the US ever had. He elaborated this and certainly created a huge stir in the US and Europe,yet would you believe not a word in the Toronto Star,Canada's largest newspaper as wel as the Globe and Mail,Canada's most influential and National newspaper.

It is so scary to see what is happening to the US and all these young Americans loosing their lives because of fraudulent reasons and all that money that could have been used for so many things and of course all these family lives destroyed being a memebr of the National Guard.

The US has done some tremendous harm abroad and at home and the Bush boys are totally responsible for that mess.

What scared me also is that Alguida now are concentrating on the black soldiers to suggest they don't re enlist as wel as simply don't enlist ,supported by some very dramatic video footage of the living conditions in the black areas in the US.They are out to start that old race thing again and are also recruiting black young men. This is not being reported by the US and Canadian media but was all over the European media.

I have many American friends since I lived and travelled there for many years and at the height of the Vietnam war.This alone should have been used as a warning.

I did not mean to offend any American just those that are in power and use reasons and tactics that can be found in football.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

I am talking about GW and surroundings. It's funny that President Carter last week made some very strong statements in which he said that Bush was by far the worst president the US ever had. He elaborated this and certainly created a huge stir in the US and Europe,yet would you believe not a word in the Toronto Star,Canada's largest newspaper as wel as the Globe and Mail,Canada's most influential and National newspaper.

It is so scary to see what is happening to the US and all these young Americans loosing their lives because of fraudulent reasons and all that money that could have been used for so many things and of course all these family lives destroyed being a memebr of the National Guard.

The US has done some tremendous harm abroad and at home and the Bush boys are totally responsible for that mess.

What scared me also is that Alguida now are concentrating on the black soldiers to suggest they don't re enlist as wel as simply don't enlist ,supported by some very dramatic video footage of the living conditions in the black areas in the US.They are out to start that old race thing again and are also recruiting black young men. This is not being reported by the US and Canadian media but was all over the European media.

So if i understand you correctly, what you're saying is that George W. Bush is behind the Toronto Star anti-soccer conspiracy?

Archived