Saputo Stadium construction pictures

Daniel

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

"...remind me of the way I was constructing my deck." Maybe you could help them out and let them know that stadiums have four sides instead of three. Why are BMO and Saputo built like horseshoes? Don't get me wrong, I still can hardly believe we're actually going to have a couple (maybe three) of real footy stadiums in this country finally, but why not finish the job?

OK, BMO I can understand. It looks a bit mickey mouse at that one end, but I can understand that at least they got the thing built for very little money, well done. However, Saputo stadium has that one end that looks as if you could just stand at one end of a park and look straight into the ground. I hope the real thing will be better than the renderings.

quote:Originally posted by vancanman

OK, BMO I can understand. It looks a bit mickey mouse at that one end, but I can understand that at least they got the thing built for very little money, well done. However, Saputo stadium has that one end that looks as if you could just stand at one end of a park and look straight into the ground. I hope the real thing will be better than the renderings.

Saputo Stadium will cost less than a quarter of BMO Field's costs.

Capacity will be lower as well (13k vs 20k).

quote:Originally posted by vancanman

How much would it cost to build some sort of wall or [not see-through] fence at that end? It reminds me of Swangard, where people sit in trees and stand at the end and peak through the [see-through]fence.

They don't do that anymore. People kept getting hurt as Lilleyball would put them to sleep and they'd fall out of the trees.

quote:Originally posted by massimo

Is a 20 Degree inclination more than the Olympic Stadium's seat inclination on their 1st Level?

I sure hope so.

Don't know.

If you're not in the blues, the Big O inclination is ok.

Archived