Canadians abroad: September 8-14, 2006

DJT

Canadians abroad on TV this week

Notes: This list may be incomplete or inaccurate. Generally only premiere broadcasts are listed (in particular, FSWC repeats are not listed). All broadcasts are live unless otherwise noted. All times are EDT.

Friday, September 8

8:00 PM on FSWC — Canada/United States: United Soccer Leagues First Division

Puerto Rico (Alen Marcina) vs. Miami

Saturday, September 9

12:30 PM (15-minute tape delay) on FSWC — England: Premier League

Manchester United vs. Tottenham (Paul Stalteri)

7:30 PM on FSWC — United States: Major League Soccer

DC vs. Salt Lake (Jack Stewart)

Guidelines for this thread

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for September 8-14, 2006.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Stalteri not in the 16 for Spurs.

Ipswich win 2-1 with De Vos going his usual 90.

Pesch comes off in the 56th minute as Derby lose 2-1 to Sunderland.

Hume comes on in the 66th as Leicester fall 2-0 to West Brom.

Simeon Jackson goes on to score a hat trick for R&D. Gavin McCallum plays the first 74 for Tamworth as they beat Kidderminster.

In Italy ----

Sangiovannese - Massese Placentino team leading 2-0

Follow up Placentino gets his first of the season 2 minutes in the second half winning the game final score 2- 1 he was rated 7 and the best player of the Match for Massese and was sub out at teh 7 minute mark of the second half

Giugliano - Rieti Lombardo Rieti seen some action starting the game currently 1-1 tie, Lombardo had a excellent chance in the first half heading the ball hit the post.

Lombardo was came off in the 2nd minute of the 2nd half and the game ended in a 1-1 draw. Lombardo was rated 5.5

Forte dei Marmi coppa Italia 0-0 first half Sarzanese Uccello received 2 games for his red card last week.

Updated Forte Dei Marmi advance to the next round defeating Sarzanese 2- 1

Benevento - Pro Vasto Mascantiono team is leading in the last minutes of the games 2-0.

Final 3-0

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

I know this is sacrilege, but should we not take a "second" look at Hastings? Or has that ship sailed?

With Ledgerwood, Simpson and Brennan, among others, I feel our left side is deep enough that we don't need to call Hastings.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

With Ledgerwood, Simpson and Brennan, among others, I feel our left side is deep enough that we don't need to call Hastings.

You're probably right, but I don't think the thought should be completely dismissed (at least kept in back of mind and if the opportunity arose in a friendly... )

Question though. Is he not listed in the Player Pool on the CSA site because he has retired from the MNT or is it because he is just so far out of consideration.

Atiba Hutchinson played all 90 minutes for FC København when they managed to hold Esbjerg to a 2-2 draw in a rather evenly matched fight where the FCK players perhaps did not quite seem to push themself to their absolute limits. Next stop for FCK is at home against Benfica in Champions League. :

Superliga, round 8, September 9:

Esbjerg fB - FC København 2-2 (2-2)

1-0 Jesper Bech (8)

1-1 Marcus Allbäck (17)

1-2 Michael Silberbauer (34)

2-2 Jesper Bech (35)

Attendance: 9,836

Match facts and lineups :

http://www.netsuperligaen.dk/kampref.php?ID=2895

http://www.bolddk.com/statistik/kampdata.php?gameid=159038

Highlights :

http://www.dr.dk/extention/playWindowsMedianyheder.aframe?id=228080&ListType=nyheder&trace=off

or

http://www.dr.dk/player/Player.asp?subsite=nyheder&WMPVer=9.0.0.2980&id=228080&name=&video=#

---

... and then while we are waiting for the CL, I'll just add some extended highlights (4 minutes) from the top clash between FCK and AaB in round 7 of the Superliga :

FC København - AaB Ålborg 0-2 (0-2)

0-1 Siyabonga Nomvethe (10)

0-2 Michael Jakobsen (22)

Attendance: 20,011

Match facts and lineups :

http://www.bolddk.com/statistik/kampdata.php?gameid=159031

http://www.netsuperligaen.dk/kampref.php?ID=2891

[b]Danish Superliga 2006/07 (8 of 33 rounds):[/b]

[b]   Club             G   W D L   Gf-Ga   P[/b]  

1  AaB Ålborg       8   6 1 1   16-5   19 

2  Brøndby IF       7   4 3 0   13-5   15

3  OB Odense        8   4 3 1   12-7   15 

4  FC København     7   4 2 1   15-7   14

5  FC Midtjylland   7   4 2 1   13-8   14

6  FC Nordsjælland  7   4 1 2   14-7   13 

7  Esbjerg fB       8   3 2 3   15-15  11

8  Randers FC       7   3 2 2    9-11  11   

9  AC Horsens       8   1 3 4    5-10   6

10 Viborg FF        8   1 1 6    7-17   4 

-----------------------------------------

11 Silkeborg IF     7   1 0 6    5-15   3 

12 Vejle BK         8   0 0 8    5-22   0 

Guest Jeffery S.

Julian de Guzman did not dress for Deportivo tonight, drawing scoreless away to Mallorca. That is two league games in a row not dressed, in the pre-season he was not so ostracized. Did anyone see he picked up a knock in our Jamaica game?

I think that Julian will rise to the occasion if what his coach wants is for him to fight for a starting spot.

Jazic, DeRo, Serioux and Onstad all played 90 as Houston defeated LA 2-1 with DeRo scoring the winning goal. Atendance of over 20 000. The goal can be seen on the video highlights package here:http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/mls/sights/index.jsp?club=mls

This is the type of goal DeRo never scores for us, ie. he is alone on the keeper and actually gets it in the net instead of shooting too high.

I agree that the DDR goal was well taken. He looked confident, and seemed to know all along what he would do.

As a caution to those who think Serioux might be the answer for our central defense, the highlight package shows him being beaten a few times in the first half. These may be isolated incidents, and I do want to see what he can do back there for Canada, but there is room for him to improve.

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

As a caution to those who think Serioux might be the answer for our central defense, the highlight package shows him being beaten a few times in the first half. These may be isolated incidents, and I do want to see what he can do back there for Canada, but there is room for him to improve.

I completely agree. Even in the highlites of the game vs Chicago (the game when Dero scored from center) Serioux was responsible for one of the opposition's goals. So then where does he fit on the national team?

Most people said that Jamaica moved the ball too easily through the midfield. Serioux is the destroyer that we were missing. He is our Gattuso or Makelele. He should play in front of the back 4 in a midfield that includes JDG and Bernier (or Simpson) with Dero in front of them. That obviously assumes that Hutch is filling the hole beside McKenna in central D.

Hainault told me he played one of his best games with the club since being there. 2-0 against Slavia Praha is definately a testemonial to that on defence. But he didn't make the final roster for the Jamaica game in Montreal so I guess the CSA will never invite him ever again... ;) Here's a picture from the match.

http://www.fksiadmost.cz/newphprs/200609111443_063.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Julian de Guzman did not dress for Deportivo tonight, drawing scoreless away to Mallorca. That is two league games in a row not dressed, in the pre-season he was not so ostracized. Did anyone see he picked up a knock in our Jamaica game?

I think that Julian will rise to the occasion if what his coach wants is for him to fight for a starting spot.

He miss the last game of the pre-season, so I don't think he is really on the plan of Caparros. Dusher is still there, so even if they play with 3 defense mid --Sergio, Coloccini and Dusher-- he's chance of playing are really bad... by the way I predict that Depor will be the most boring team in Europe this year! A lot of scoreless draw.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by ubuntu

He miss the last game of the pre-season, so I don't think he is really on the plan of Caparros. Dusher is still there, so even if they play with 3 defense mid --Sergio, Coloccini and Dusher-- he's chance of playing are really bad... by the way I predict that Depor will be the most boring team in Europe this year! A lot of scoreless draw.

I agree, Depor has a boring side this year. And a lot of youth in there that might hamper the team playing with a bit of style. Just eking out results. They say the Mallorca game was terrible. You are also right that there are a few others competing for Julian's spot, the three mentioned and another, Juan González. But since they won't get results I am sure Julian will eventually get into the mix to shake the others up.

Archived