Austria-Canada match video now available

Guest Dave

The Austria-Canada match video is now available, archived at the Media On Tap site. Many thanks to Regs for a great effort in getting this to happen. I'm especially pleased to co-operate with the folks who went out of their way to obtain the rights so we could all see this game. Please support them by visiting their site.

In this spirit of co-operation, please note that I will NOT be sharing this video by any other means. Regs had mentioned that the file could be archived at his company's site for "a few days", so I urge everyone to view the video while it's available.

PS - Any complaints re video quality, please direct them at me and my bargain-basement computer [:P]

Video link:

http://www.mediaontap.com/sports/soccer/CSA/

Thanks for this. However, can I ask if there are, or will be, any options for downloading the match once it is no longer up on the site for viewing? Having it up their is nice of course & I'm grateful for that, but for those of us who collect good Canada games or want to be able to show this game to people who aren't going to be able to watch it while its up in the next few days (I qualify under both categories) I was hoping that there would be a way we could obtain our own copy at some point.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Thanks for this. However, can I ask if there are, or will be, any options for downloading the match once it is no longer up on the site for viewing? Having it up their is nice of course & I'm grateful for that, but for those of us who collect good Canada games or want to be able to show this game to people who aren't going to be able to watch it while its up in the next few days (I qualify under both categories) I was hoping that there would be a way we could obtain our own copy at some point.

I am grateful as well, of course. But to add to G-L's reasons for wanting to save a copy, the way it is now only people with access to a broadband connection can watch the match; if you have access only to dialup then tough luck.

quote:Originally posted by sKriSh

Does the game start in the 17 minute for everyone else?

Are you sure it's not the 13th minute (12 minutes and 20 seconds showing on the clock)? Dave mentioned that he missed the first 12 minutes. The first thing you should see is a replay of an Austrian shot just wide of the post, and then when the replay is over De Rosario is down with an injury.

quote:Originally posted by cfof

It's not working for me, in either Firefox or Internet Explorer.

In Firefox, the new window for the player pops up, but there's no player there. With Internet Explorer, I click on "Launch Player," but nothing happens.

I've got pop-up-blocking software turned completely off; I have the newest versions of Firefox, RealPlayer and Windows Media player, yet still nothing. Any suggestions? I'm desperate to see this match.

This was great and through these critical Dutch eyes a very well played match. I am extremely impressed with every one of these young kids and the poise and technical aspect was also an eye opener. The goals were the best I have seen in many years and probably the best ever. I was also happy to hear the commentator speaking with admiration about the way we played and said that we should do very well in the FIFA world rankings.He was totally up to date with everyone of our players. I wonder if the CSA would have a copy of this tape and make it available to us.Wow that Brennan is amazing what goals.Than to think that Stalteri and DeGuzman were not even playing.

Hey bring on the DUTCH!

quote:Originally posted by redhat

Gotta convert those breaks, Dwayne!

And more so, gotta stop trying those trailing-leg-in-behind-kicking-the-ball attempted crosses where no contact is made and you land on your arse! (65th minute) He certainly is entertaining though. :)

Jeebus!! How audacious was Jimmy B to shoot for that second goal! It doesn't matter an ounce to me who scores, but after several replays I believe the ball touched Marco Reda who deflected it just enough for it to go in off the post.

Ha! Poor bugger. Took a few goes to get it working at my end too. Very frustrating. Got the test files to play, watched the top 5 goals of the week in the WHL and then BLAM, finaly got some moving pictures where an empty black box used to be.

Not exactly CelticTV, but pretty damned good all things considered and very watchable.

Couple o' comments since I've got a few minutes to spare.

Yes, we won 2-nil but this is Austria. No insult intended but they ain't going to the World Cup either. Nice to win though.

From what Friend played I'd say he's coming along nicely. Thought for sure he was going to nod in a header there on Grande's pinpoint cross but no such luck. Was covered, but he hit a nice quick one timer from a Grande cut back a bit earlier. Very alert. Looks to be getting quicker too. Want to see more of him this year. That's one big fellow.

JB's goal was a beauty. Hard left footer from 22 yars. Nice, brave strike. Funning thing about JB, he's one of those fellows for whom the goal shrinks as he gets as he gets closer in. Can't net the dead sitters but he'll gun one in from the wilderness. Damn.

Lots more but no time. Cheers.

Hi Dave, thanks for trying. That account was through Shawmail, wich is not always reliable.

I actually managed to watch the feed while at College, so all is fine.

What a game! Brennans first golaso was the best I have seen for Canada in a long time. I dont think we have created that many good opportunites for a while either, Gold Cup 2002 im thinking.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

If anyone is interested in the DVD, I could make a copy here, and then send it to someone in Canada.

I'll post again in this thread when I have the DVD.

Hey Sigma, if you can get a DVD to me, I can make it available to

anyone in Canada. For their own "research" and evaluation, of course.;)

Yes if this is a copy from the Austrian feed it should have nothing to do with your company, Regs. If the ORT is pissed off that a copy is circulating they could only be mad at the person who made the copy from their broadcast because it has nothing to do with your company's rebroadcast. Personally I doubt if ORT really cares. Media companies maintain a certain stance because they don't want to set legal precedents in copyright law but realistically ORT is not going to be able to make anymore money from this broadcast whether we have it or not.

Archived