Rendering of TO stadium

Daniel

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Andrew W

Crew Stadium comes to mind. It's what you'd get for the money we've seen bandied about.

Hunt admitted they built Crew on the fly and that was they got as a result. PHP is supposed to be a remedy for those situations.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Hopefully it won't be an all-bench seater like Crew stadium.

I can see something like that really turning people off.

I think late October play-offs and early April games will turn people off. I bet they'll say "Would it not be nice to close the roof, oh that's right we at the on the cheap concrete place with field turf and cold hot chocolate"

Look for crowds upwards of 5 thousand!

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

I think late October play-offs and early April games will turn people off. I bet they'll say "Would it not be nice to close the roof, oh that's right we at the on the cheap concrete place with field turf and cold hot chocolate"

Do us all a favor and shut up.

Toronto will be just fine thank you. Take your jealousy and go away bitter man.

i hope they decide to add a grandstand, but better than nothing, HAHAHA!!!

DIG A HOLE AND BUILD IT!!! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

Except for the cold hot chocolate (that is an oxymoron) I agree.

quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

Thats the difference between A $63M stadium and a $90M one.

ya think? I kinda look at this picture and wonder where the other $53million will get spent?

If we go half assed or micky mouse with this, all those that were in oposition today are going to look right. I hope this is just a vague model.

By the way, did anone catch what KP was saying in his post vote interview? The was alot of noise around me at the time (wife+teenage daughter+apartment=headache) so I couldn't tell exactly, but he sounded like we are a shoe in for 08 Olympic qualifiers and 09 Gold Cup. Did I hear right? any info?

don't like it...not very intimate for 20,000....could have done much better. I have been to 15k to 20k stadiums in portugal and holland in the last year for Canada matches...and they were much nicer. This one is way to exposed and as we all knew about Exhibition stadium in the past...it was a wind tunnel.

quote:Originally posted by BusanBhoyBy the way, did anone catch what KP was saying in his post vote interview? The was alot of noise around me at the time (wife+teenage daughter+apartment=headache) so I couldn't tell exactly, but he sounded like we are a shoe in for 08 Olympic qualifiers and 09 Gold Cup. Did I hear right? any info?

By the way, Kevan Pipe just said on Soccercentral that with the new FIFA rules regarding Fieldturf we are going to have 2006 WQC in Ottawa and Molson Stadium...

If the players don't want to play on the surface, it would be downright stupid for the CSA to schedule games there especially if better grass facilities are available.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Hadn't seen this.

stadium_ex.jpg

If this is really what the Toronto stadium is going to look like, then we are literally PISSING away 27 million taxpayer dollars.

No roof? That'll work great for the MLS schedule in April and Sept/October.

Luxury Boxes?

Field turf?

What a total joke. If Jeffery thought the Vancouver Stadium was a shiite design, I can't wait to hear what he'll think of this.

This is what happens when you rush the process just to get SOMETHING, anything built by 2007. Predicition: The New Blizzard will disappear just as quickly as the old Blizzard.

quote:Originally posted by Udinese

Do us all a favor and shut up.

Toronto will be just fine thank you. Take your jealousy and go away bitter man.

Can't wait for the team to show up in Montreal in 2009. I doubt that they'll sell more than a 1000 season tickets at 400 bucks a pop in market that hasn't supported soccer in 20 years.

That Stadium is surburban Toronto- dull dull and dull.

I think the team should be called "Toronto Bland FC"

The Argos thank the CSA and Kevin MLS Pipedream for the new digs.

Calgary Boomer, I hope this helps you out. The following is from Appendix 'E' which is available here:

http://www.ontariosoccerweb.com/ost/viewtopic.php?t=1736

Stadium Minimum Specifications

* Seating capacity of 20,000 with flexibility to increase to 30,000

* Will meet CSA, MLS and FIFA specifications and requirements

* A video scoreboard and a marquee "LED" sign visible from the Gardiner

* Premium seating areas consisting of 20 to 30 luxury viewing suites, 2 group areas and 500 club seats

* The stadium will have an artifical turf playing surface, an air supported winter structure allowing for use during the winter months and a covered canopy on the west grandstand of the stadium

* F&B Kiosks

* Merchandise Kiosks

* Team and community locker rooms

This pretty much ensures that the renderings don't tell the whole story.

I have to say, this stadium reminds me quite a bit of Frontier Field in Rochester (but obviously built for soccer). I personally like the feel of that stadium, and if it turns out like a soccer version of that park, I will be pleased.

I believe it looks like the stands with be built with brick or have a brick facade (looking at the tunnel on the right handed stand).

I can't tell if the left stand has a roof, but I think it does, and I believe those are private boxes under it as well, although it might just be for media. It is also possible that the building at the far end-line are private boxes as well.

The stands, particularly by the close end line and the right stand could probably be a bit steeper too.

Is it a palace? Nah, but I don't think this is some sort of cheaply made eyesore either.

BTW, anyone know where would the 10,000 expansion take place? The close end-line stand and the right-hand stand?

quote:Originally posted by Ryan Keay

I have to say, this stadium reminds me quite a bit of Frontier Field in Rochester (but obviously built for soccer).

Actually Ryan, it looks nothing Frontier Field, but EXACTLY like Rochester's new stadium PAETEC Park.

Methinks they'll double up the nearside grandstand to match the other side.

I wish they would have made the seating less gradual and steeper to put people closer to the action.

Archived