CSA new look/design

Bxl Boy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, the shield thing reminds me of the CANADIAN TIRE logo.

Otherwise those are good designs generally, not neccessarily

my taste however. The current logo is a classic; perhaps a

change in font may be the marked improvement required. IMHO.;)

How about leaving out the CANADA letters and the soccer ball. Instead put C.S.A and the Maple Leaf. Looks a lot more professional. A crest should not have to explain where its from and what it is about. The C.S.A and the logo(MapleLeaf) will explain the rest.

How about leaving out the CANADA letters and the soccer ball. Instead put C.S.A and the Maple Leaf. Looks a lot more professional. A crest should not have to explain where its from and what it is about. The C.S.A and the logo(MapleLeaf) will explain the rest.

quote:Originally posted by Rood

Screw the CSA, I'd rather have CANADA on MY jersey!

Oh, what the heck...here's what I was working on today. I tried to make them look like they've been around for a long time (something from the 20's)

CanLogoShield.jpgCanLogoGuy.jpg

I agree that you can't just put "CSA" because that does not work in French.

Don't be too harsh, my frail ego can't take it :)

quote:Originally posted by Cooks

Oh, what the heck...here's what I was working on today. I tried to make them look like they've been around for a long time (something from the 20's)

CanLogoShield.jpgCanLogoGuy.jpg

I agree that you can't just put "CSA" because that does not work in French.

Don't be too harsh, my frail ego can't take it :)

Cook, I love the 1st on top. In fact, this is the one I love. It really looks very militaristic. See if you could convert the maple leaf into the old maple leaf of the 1920's of which the Toronto Maple Leaf used by keeping the soccer ball. Also try to put: "Canadian Soccer Association".

qor.gif%7Boption%7D

I know Canada is known as a bunch of hicks worldwide...but these designs leave something to be desired. I for one think the old logo looks quite dated...the CSA should hire the person/company who designed the Italy kit at the last World Cup...that was a cool well designed kit. NA design generally is over the top...god, look at the pyjamas baseball players wear.

Holy Cow Jarek...

Are you a graphic artist? I really like this one. It's a shame that if they use it, you'll get a Canadian Tire coupon and a pat on the back.

You know what I like about it...there's an element of tradition and history, while still being modern.

However, I must say this is a typical CSA initiative...totally useless in the grand scheme of things.

No offence to the designers here who submitted logos, but I think the existing logo is much better than everything I've seen. It should simply be updated, not scrapped entirely. I was hoping someone would try to do that.

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

However, I must say this is a typical CSA initiative...totally useless in the grand scheme of things.

EXACTLY. I find this whole exercise very irritating.

quote:Originally posted by canadiansoccerrules

A perfect crest would be of a net and the keeper removing lots of balls, that would fit the idea of the World Cup team. But serious,Cooks crests are the best and who really care if the letters

CSA don't go overwell in Quebec.[}:)]

LOL

db

Archived