CSA new look/design

Bxl Boy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Daniel

We should email them en masse to make them give the winner some sort of recognition and prize.

Recognition of the winner, or lack of it in this case, is an important thing, but this shows that we accept the CSA's idea to change the logo. I still disagree with the contest in the first place. If we should email en masse it should be a to make it known we still like the old logo.

quote:Originally posted by RJB

I think that those of us that are unhappy with this, and that want to keep the logo, should write to the CSA and express our concerns.

This way, our voices may be heard.

I agree! It seems that most people in this thread, myself included, would prefer to keep the existing logo, so we should indeed write to them about this. They want to get fans involved by submitting new designs, so we should be able to get involved by stating our preference for the current design.

Not that the current design is perfect. I could go for a change of font, and possibly even a modified design for the soccer ball. Does anyone here want to try making such changes? Begin with the font, since it is the most common and biggest complaint about the current design.

By the way, take a look at the full article about this. Notice that they already have two new designs drawn up. I bet they will choose one of those designs rather than one of the submissions.

I think this is a smart move by the CSA. There are quite a few posters here with serious hard-ons for logos, kits, chants, scarves, etc. This tactic deflects criticism from the on-field product. Absolutely brilliant. Kudos to Pipe et al. And to top it off, they don't even offer a prize. Diabolical, really!

quote:Originally posted by Ed

I think this is a smart move by the CSA. There are quite a few posters here with serious hard-ons for logos, kits, chants, scarves, etc. This tactic deflects criticism from the on-field product. Absolutely brilliant. Kudos to Pipe et al. And to top it off, they don't even offer a prize. Diabolical, really!

Yeah, great tactic. Soon we'll have nice little scarfs and a cool new logo to match. We'll look sooooooooooo goooooooooood. Except where it matters. What colour are your panties Kevan?

• 2 weeks later...

The CSA doesn't need a new logo, but rather a slight redesign of the current one.

I think the leaf part of the logo can be made to look a little more "natural", sort of the like the one used in the Voyageurs logo in the top left corner of this window.

The font should be changed to not look so dated, and perhaps the ball can use a bit of an update as well.

In the end, I'd like to see us keep the half-leaf on top, "CANADA" in the middle and half-ball on the bottom, if only because it is a very distinctive looking logo that scream Canadian soccer.

quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

donovan_bailey-2.jpg

When something is used by other people, it's time to change.

??? The use of Canada is those letters was nation-wide during that time. It was a stylistic hallmark - it was consistency. That was the Canada sport text of the time. Your comment makes no sense. If anything the nation should encourage that type of consistency between our diverse sport logos, but we know that'll never happen.

Guest Jeffery S.

Design is a profession. Why can't the CSA do a proper search for designers, the same way that they would for a stadium architect, the same way they do for their travel agent? This is plain hokey, doing a general call for logos.

IMO graphic design in Canada is habitually quite poor, I notice it as soon as I get off a plane in a Canadian airport. It is time to do things professionally, establish a series of conditions, variable applications, allow for a multi-year ongoing contract for new adjustments and applications, invite a number of design studios, come up with a short list, and have a qualified committee decide.

I love the one on right/bottom

Better than the existing one (that I like too, but could be ameliorated)

Suggestions / things to try :

- Maybe you can try with "CSA" in place of Canada

- Add the foundation year somewhere in the botton

- Try without the ball, as Joe suggested

- Making the maple leaf as a "crown" above the logo

- "circle" the logo with bay leaves (or maple)

- putting the leaf only in the white section, to make the logo similar to the canadian flag

I think it's pretty obvious that the CSA'll incorporate a ball into their design, so might as well give yourself a chance.

I like the idea of the CSA foundation date. Otherwise, I think the middle one has more of a chance because it looks more official than the modified maple leaf.

Archived