Domenic Mobilio 1969-2004

Grecko

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Hey guys, I'm thinking that we should perhaps send a card or some small token of condolence to the Mobilio family on behalf of the Voyageurs.

I'll do it, unless someone else thinks they would be a better candidate (ie. they knew the man personally, his family, etc.).

I will be attending prayers for Dominic.I know his dad and if everyone agrees I could give give him a card on behalf of all the Voyageurs.Maybe I'll start a new thread.

I was doing my daily hoping and saw this; it was indeed a real shock, a very sad news.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Better start a new thread but I'm against it.

Probably right. Maybe the Whitecaps, its fans, or both, can work on this. How about the Domenic Mobilio WC player of the year trophee?

Damn I couldn`t believe it when I saw the thread title, my condolences to his family and I`m pretty sure he`ll be in the prayers of every single voyageur.

Thanks Mobilio for playing your heart out for Canada, a true example for all the youngsters in Canada.

Like so many of you, I will never forget Vic's call on TSN.... "Mobiiiiilioooooooooo.... yes"!

He was a lethal finisher!

Such terrible news to hear. Domenic was a wonderful player, and by all accounts a wonderful man.

My deepest sympathies to the Mobilio family.

Mobiiiiilioooooooooo... yes!

Rest in Peace Friend.

The classic Dom goal was against Honduras in 1993 World Cup Qualifying at Swangard.

Canada was down at the half (1-0), when BL made Dom a second half substitution.

Canada went on to win 3-1, with Dom scoring from a sharp angle blast that almost took the Honduran goalies head off. In fact, the goalie actually jumped out of the way of the shot !

For years after, TSN would show a brief clip of that classic goal/game when discussing the national team.

His goals in the CSL are too numerable to mention and I think to make matters worse, the Winnipeg Fury were his favoured opponent.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived