WCQ: Canada vs. Honduras match thread [R]

DJT

quote:Originally posted by way2goeh

in 20 minutes on www.cknw.com (sports talk) there should be alot of people blasting that referee. I feel sorry for the host having to hear 3 hours of this[V] so call this station and rip conacaf!!!!

My browser is being a Mexican ref tonight and the live-feed isn't cooperating. Can you gimme a direct link to the feed?

Thanks.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by JayWay

My browser is being a Mexican ref tonight and the live-feed isn't cooperating. Can you gimme a direct link to the feed?

Thanks.

if this website dont work (listen live, try this phone number, but i have no clue if its only for BC residents... Toll Free 1 (877) 399-9898....good luck..i hope to hear from you guys (im in brasil)

quote:Originally posted by Marc

MOre than maddening, tt's just so heartbreaking. Just so heartbreaking. All that effort and support and time and money and emotional energy into supporting the team to have this happen, again.

We should sue the ref... People sue Doctors when they screw up... Why not refs? Like you said, he wasted our money and effort. We should be reimbursed.

i say send in our u20's or olympic team if we have to continue with this competition.

if the CSA does nothing more than post an article or make a news release then i will try and get a ticket refund for costa rica and never watch canada in person again until the csa has shown me they give a **** about our players and fans.

Canada MUST demand European referee's for the remainder of qualifying. How is an American ref more bias toward us than a Mexican referee is toward the Hondurans? They AREN'T!

i don't understand what has just happened. I really don't.

i need to find some alcohol. I can't come to this site anymore tonight.

I have now sent letters to the Honduran Federation, Mexican Federation, FIFA, and CSA. I am still looking for a Concacaf contact link, but I think considering how often they'd be berated for poor officiating, and organization of events, I understand why they don't have one.

I may also contact Neil Davidson and direct him to this chat. In fact, yes, I will.

My head is pounding.

An absolute disgrace. The referee should be ashamed of himself and issue a public apology. And the CSA better do something about this. They should launch long and loud protests to anyone who will listen. But will they? Probably not, and we will continue to have biased refs. Does anyone else think that if Onstad had stopped the PK it would have been retaken for Onstad coming off the line?

This is total utter bullsh.it. I think I'm going to puke. The ref is lucky this games wasn't in Toronto, because I would seriously try to track him down tonight if it was, and do harm to him. Maybe, I'll calm down in the morning.

Fuc.king bastard mexican referee and pus.sy Honduran divers. Why should we even bother?

quote:Originally posted by kokanne

Why don't we just tell FIFA thanks but no thanks we don't want to host the U20 Championships anymore. They have no other countries that wanted to host it!

No the U-20 tourny is a boost to Canadian soccer, and if we if refuse to travel to Costa Rica they will hang this over our head.

That's why I suggest we send our U-20's or A-League All-Star's.

This World Cup Qualifying is a complete waste of time and our boys deserve better.

Even Euro ref's now will accomplish nothing as we are already knocked out. Release our boys and let them return to their clubs, this is complete corrupt BS !

quote:Originally posted by Wilfrid Laurier

An absolute disgrace. They should launch long and loud protests to anyone who will listen.

What will a protest accomplish ? We have just been knocked out of the World Cup due to a corrupt ref ! Who cares if this guy ever ref's another match because it will do nothing to correct the injustice that Canada has just suffered.

It's time the CSA showed some balls and told FIFA and CONCACAF to f*ck themselves.

Send the CPSL All-Stars to Costa Rica or send nobody at all !

I was at the game and we ****** screw by a piece of **** Mexican ref who was probley pulled off a Mexico City street and given money to call the game. Those of us in the Voyageur section knew that some trouble was brewing when we found out that all the officials were Mexican.[}:)]

No doubt they are already out of town as they would be dead meat from fans. The bad calls certainly stoked the tension between us and the Honduran fans in the next section.

As me and another Voyageur were stating, how can we promote the game in Canada when things like this happen.:(

This was too much like the Canada-Mexico game here in Edmonton during the '98 WCQ.

Archived