WCQ: Canada vs. Honduras match thread [R]

DJT

People in Edmonton find this screwball and haze the guy he needs to be shown a lesson, look what happened to the ref in Europe he can't even ref anymore because of fear for his life, im not suggesting anybody go that far but a good old fashion hazing is in line for that kind of contempt against canada!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the CSA pulls out in protest, I will never, ever complain about them again.

Also I'll tatoo their name on my butt. I don't have any problem making these pledges because we're in no danger of seeing anything from them. I doubt they'll even file a protest of any kind.

It is games like this that make me question why I follow football.

It's not so much the Occean goal (a terrible call, but I'm also pretty sure I heard the whistle blow before he even kicked it, and I suspect some of the players -- maybe even OO -- did too), but that penalty... I'm sick of bogus penalty calls in football. In an instant a bad referee can change everything, and because this is a sport where there's so little scoring, one bad call is all you need. And so a referee decides the outcome, and not the players, and that's not sport, to me anyway. Makes you wonder why you even bother being a fan.

quote:Originally posted by BC supporter

It is games like this that make me question why I follow football.

It's not so much the Occean goal (a terrible call, but I'm also pretty sure I heard the whistle blow before he even kicked it, and I suspect some of the players -- maybe even OO -- did too), but that penalty... I'm sick of bogus penalty calls in football. In an instant a bad referee can change everything, and because this is a sport where there's so little scoring, one bad call is all you need. And so a referee decides the outcome, and not the players, and that's not sport, to me anyway. Makes you wonder why you even bother being a fan.

I heard it too bro.

I'd just like to say, I'm so glad that I have this board right now. I don't know what I'd do if I was alone with this frusteration... feeling like the only person in the world who witnessed this travesty and who is feeling this outrage. This is like a support group, with lots and lots of cussing. :)

quote:Originally posted by JayWay

I'd just like to say, I'm so glad that I have this board right now. I don't know what I'd do if I was alone with this frusteration... feeling like the only person in the world who witnessed this travesty and who is feeling this outrage. This is like a support group, with lots and lots of cussing. :)

I'm glad i have you too ;) ;)

spreadin the manlove thicker than cheeze whiz

Yea i definitly heard the whistle before he scored....the whistle just shouldnt have gone thats all...

Did anyone else find those nets REALLY ANNOYING? it looke dlike honduras scored twice a lil bit earlier in the second half...and then when JDV got his i wasnt sure if it was in our not....wouldnt wanna be in the same area of the city of edmonton as some of the V's right now.

also: anyone else getting service unavailable a lot? u can tell we're all really pissed off and need somewhere to vent!

the CSA should invest in putting REAL soccer nets in the venues for WCQ

quote:Originally posted by BearcatSA

Was this clown reffing at WC 2002?[:0]

He certainly wasn't reffing tonight. Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

No, I'm not handling this well at all, I've just got some good healthy liquor in me now. The support group of me, gin, and tonic.

F*ck CONCACAF and their Third World soccer ! Canada has no chance against their f*cking bribery !

We have just been royally ****ed by CONCACAF offciating and should refuse to travel to Costa Rica unless European ref's are supplied.

That has to be the minimum concession and not even that will result in our having a chance to reach the World Cup.

If CONCACAF refuses, tell them to stick it and disperse our boys back to their clubs. There is no sense making the trip as we are now finished due to their corruption and our boys should not waste their time and club careers.

Send our U-20 team. Perhaps they could use the experience on an individual basis. If that doessn't work, send some domestic club boys. Perhaps a CPSL All-Star team ?

If the CSA aren't going to defend ourselves against this blatant corrupt BS called CONCACAF, then let's not bother.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

F*ck CONCACAF and their Third World soccer ! Canada has no chance against their f*cking bribery !

We have just been royally ****ed by CONCACAF offciating and should refuse to travel to Costa Rica unless European ref's are supplied.

That has to be the minimum concession and not even that will result in our having a chance to reach the World Cup.

If CONCACAF refuses, tell them to stick it and disperse our boys back to their clubs. There is no sense making the trip as we are now finished due to their corruption and our boys should not waste their time and club careers.

Send our U-20 team. Perhaps they could use the experience on an individual basis. If that doessn't work, send some domestic club boys. Perhaps a CPSL All-Star team ?

If the CSA aren't going to defend ourselves against this blatant corrupt BS called CONCACAF, then let's not bother.

i agree, this is bullshoot

Id be happy with an American at this point! But CONCACAF thinks Americans are biased towards Canada. Those screw balls can suck mine!

Canada should pull out of the Qualifying now! Im fully in support of it now its almost impossible to qualify thanks to a suck ass ref!

I'm just absolutely disgusted right now. But more than anything I am proud of our guys. We absolutely controlled that second half. Before this, I had a feeling that we were maybe a paper tiger - a bunch of solid players who couldn't match the teamwork of Central American teams. Sure, we were robbed of two points, and that disgusts me. But at least I know now that we are better than any team in this group. We CAN take 3 points off of both Guatemala and Honduras in Central American. We CAN win on Wednesday. I'm more proud of our boys than i've been since the Gold Cup. It's not over boys, it just raises the threshold from 10 points to 12. We CAN get twelve points against these weasel opponents. We dominated Honduras and we will be ready to go Wednesday!

Archived