U20: Brazil - Canada Match Thread [R]

Massive Attack

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Rodway

Would anyone be dissapointed with a tie in this game. Or do you think we should push for the win and really put ourselves in the drivers seat?

Any result would be brilliant. A draw would be more than acceptable. While I would admire Mitchell for going for broke, with tough teams like Australia and Czech in the group, I think every point vital.

This match tracker is a piece of crap. Remember what they had at the WWC? That was the best I've seen for soccer. So where is it now? Why do they go backwards? Does it have something to do with Phillips not sponsoring it this time?

You can't even see the scores from the other games on this thing.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

This match tracker is a piece of crap. Remember what they had at the WWC? That was the best I've seen for soccer. So where is it now? Why do they go backwards? Does it have something to do with Phillips not sponsoring it this time?

You know what was even better? When we could see all of Canada's WWC games on Sportsnet.

(Sorry for being repetitive... just really pissed off right now)

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

You know what was even better? When we could see all of Canada's WWC games on Sportsnet.

(Sorry for being repetitive... just really pissed off right now)

Sportsnet is too damn conservative. They get their best numbers for various NTs in World Cups yet shy away thinking they won't get the viewers. No effort to try to build on the success.

Lets not leave Fox Sports World Canada out of the hammering as well - they are primarily a soccer channel. If they don't take up opportinuities like this to show international Canadian soccer, why are they even around as a semi-separate entity? They might as well just give us the regular FSW on those digital packages.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Lets not leave Fox Sports World Canada out of the hammering as well - they are primarily a soccer channel. If they don't take up opportinuities like this to show international Canadian soccer, why are they even around as a semi-separate entity? They might as well just give us the regular FSW on those digital packages.

Yeah, they're guilty too. I pick on Sportsnet because of their status with the CSA. And because they have gotten 100,000s of viewers on occasion for soccer games, so they have first hand knowedge of the potential.

Archived