[20] WAGENAAR Josh (GK)

[3] LEDGERWOOD Nikolas

[5] DUTRA Waldemar

[11] LEMIRE Chris

[12] BRUNO Francesco

[14] EDGAR David

[16] GODFREY Elliott

[18] ASANTE Richard

I'm impressed with the 3-5-2 and the fact we're starting Matondo who can also play as a fwd. Very attack minded and yet lots of people flooding the midfield (and you know Hume will track back) which I think will be key. We need to harass the hell out of them.

I'm glad I'm not the only one up. Cheers to Showcase for showing Blade Runner last night and helping me stay awake.

cheers,

matthew

come on boys!

Original I believe, the director's cut kills all the voice over correct? It was 5 am and I hadn't seen it since the re-released the directors cut like eight years ago.

Anything from Dubai?

It's so early there isn't even any work for me to do yet. :o)>

PS No Canada soccer scoreboard for this either? At least FIFA is finally moving....

quote:Originally posted by matthew

Original I believe, the director's cut kills all the voice over correct? It was 5 am and I hadn't seen it since the re-released the directors cut like eight years ago.

Anything from Abu Dabai?

It's so early there isn't even any work for me to do yet. :o)>

Yeah, the original has the voice over. The Director's cut plays up the possibility of Decker being an android himself marginally more as well (a big theme in the book).

And the FIFA matchtracker is showing nothing yet.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Heh, according to the line-ups on FIFA.com's Live Score pop-up, Brazil will start with 12 men.

But at least the extra guy is Dudu...oh, thats a bad pun to inflict this early. It was awful when, Matthew I think, first made it a few days ago.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Heh, according to the line-ups on FIFA.com's Live Score pop-up, Brazil will start with 12 men.

I suspect there's only one Dudu . . . there's only one Dudu . . . man he and Kaka need to play in a World Cup together. They'd have to fight over who gets to wear No. 2 though.

Sorry, I'll stop.

A spanish ref I see. Glad to see an official from an high quality footballing nation handling this one. Works more to Canada's benefit I think. He may see through any theatrics Brazil might have been tempted to engage in. Will probably clamp down on any exessively hard tackles Canada might be tempted to throw as well.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

The Blade Runner on Showcase was also in Widescreen format.

Gotta confess that it is my favourite movie. Its the only flick that ever blew me away more than the first Star Wars movie. Much like the effect that the Matrix and Lord of the Rings seem to have had on my boys.

Goaless in minute 20.

Wow... we really do have an attacking line-up out there...

Hume, Belotte, Hutchinson, Simpson and Matondo are all goal-scorers, but so is Kevin Harmse at the back. He's very much an attacking defender. I can't wait to see some of these players displace the old guard on the World Cup side.

Marty

Yeah I liked the widescreen. Seing it at a theatre for the directors cut made it one of my favourites too. It was great seeing it properly for the first time so long after it came out because it was still futuristic, yet not in a way that felt contrived or of the times, which had a great effect on me.

we're red

we're white

we're phequing dynamite

Canada! Canada!

quote:Originally posted by Martyr

Wow... we really do have an attacking line-up out there...

Hume, Belotte, Hutchinson, Simpson and Matondo are all goal-scorers, but so is Kevin Harmse at the back. He's very much an attacking defender. I can't wait to see some of these players displace the old guard on the World Cup side.

Marty

I'd be curious to see how they are using Hutchinson. Against the US, it seemed that Chin was playing higher and Hutchinson behind him. With Convey, especially, it seemed Chin would get on him first, and, if beaten, Hutchinson was there to try to pick up the pieces. More of a defensive set up, but it didn't effect our offense in that game.

Archived