Match Thread: April 29, 2023 - HFX Wanderers v Vancouver FC

Some take aways:

1) Felt like a loss - but was a breath of fresh air with the team pushing, trying new stuff and attacking hard.

2) Tall cans of beer $12.35 (ouch) - However half price up to 30 mins before kick off  :D

3) 25 porto potties is not enough for 6200 people  lol 

4) Antidotally hopped on the bus after the game and 1 person asked me about the game. Got off the bus and walking home (10 minute walk) 3 more people I passed asked me the score. Seems the team is really taking root in the community.

5) While I think the main stands are fine - I think in the supporters section there is a bit of skepticism creeping in. I feel the main stands will be fine no matter what happens on field. However even in the home opener with a fresh start a felt a mood of caution among the supporter sections. For me the atmosphere was very much muted compared to previous home openers. 

Great atmosphere and crowd!  The drums and new carnival style  whistling sound coming from the kitchen were awesome!  I’m in section 106 so close but not too close to kitchen..new midfield  #6 Callegary was amazing!  The best player on the pitch  and I hope we can hold onto him.. #2 nimeck was excellent and so was Rampersand as always.   Entertaining brand of soccer and really looking forward to the season..  also a nice addition was the “jumbo” screen on far side