Match Thread: April 22, 2023 - Forge v HFX Wanderers

I do think that Halifax is proving they have taken a step up in quality. They were able to hang with Ottawa and now they are hanging with Forge. 

Can they BEAT these teams though? I don't know. The finishing may still be a challenge for us this year. 

EDIT: And then we do that! Great chance. Gotta finish.

Edited by Copes

18 minutes ago, Big_M said:

classic forge and classic hfx...1-1 89th

Going to Ottawa and Forge - last year's two top teams - and leaving with a Draw in both games, coming home with 2 points and undefeated, is definitely NOT classic Halifax.

Not sure what Bobby is seeing in Hamilton. He was ineffective. Jensen has some spark around goal but he does not control the game like Bekker. Forge's mid looks like a weak link right now. Looks like Jonsson needs to move back to mid, the flow of the game completely changed when he came on.

Edited by Cicero

35 minutes ago, Copes said:

Going to Ottawa and Forge - last year's two top teams - and leaving with a Draw in both games, coming home with 2 points and undefeated, is definitely NOT classic Halifax.

Yea after i calmed down from cursing when Forge tied it I reached the same conclusion. Would have loved the 3 points tonight - however there is a glimmer of hope.

35 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Yea after i calmed down from cursing when Forge tied it I reached the same conclusion. Would have loved the 3 points tonight - however there is a glimmer of hope.

A win against Vancouver next week - which based on watching them today I think is doable - will put us on 5 points through 3, undefeated, and lots to build on. I'm really optimistic. 

Just home from the match, it wasn't a classic by any means and Forge did well to equalize late on because it looked like they could have played for hours and not scored due to a lack of imagination and Wanderers playing a smart road match and shutting down space especially once they went ahead from a well taken goal! I think Halifax can do well this season if this is any indication, perhaps lacking a bit up front, Forge don't seem to be firing on all cylinders yet the strikers have not had a ton of chances so far! It was another really cool windy day at THF, it poured rain in The Hammer right up to kick off and I am sure that was reflective of attendance!

Finally watched it on tape delay after avoiding finding out what happened.  Just gonna paste my comment from the Wanderers thread:

A draw would be an excellent result in my opinion...”

Looking forward to the home opener next week!