UCL games on CBS

Goal_Kick

MC were not at their best but still got the job done... by the skin of their teeth. What a finish. Inter deserved better on the day. Ederson came up huge when it mattered, but Lukaku should have scored.... anyone think City overpaid for Grealish?

17 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

MC were not at their best but still got the job done... by the skin of their teeth. What a finish. Inter deserved better on the day. Ederson came up huge when it mattered, but Lukaku should have scored.... anyone think City overpaid for Grealish?

Not a great final, though I agree probably Inter deserved to take it into extra periods. Haaland, I really think it is a mark against England that he can score so much, he really has serious limitations in his play. Always the same runs, does not play well with his back to the ball, maybe I am exagerrating and he may come close to a Golden Ball, but I am not enamoured.

I was sort of anti-Grealish because of the price and that face, until a few weeks or months ago in fact. I guess I started to appreciate what he does do well, he has a very smooth dribble, he's classy. He keeps his head in the game. I think he probably should not be on the wing, he's not electric enough to really beat a solid outside back, it'd be better to see him inside. 

I guess I'm glad for the Catalan clan running City, but I am not one of those fanatic Guardiola fans, he sort of irks me.

• 8 months later...

With the Round of 16 starting up, CBS will be showing selected Champions League matches on their main network channel.

On Tuesday it will be FC Copenhagen vs Manchester City.

On Wednesday it will be PSG vs Real Sociedad.

Both games will be preceded by a pre-game show that starts at 11:00am PST.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We got a very rough bit of reffing today, the whole match felt like a persecution. He also red-carded Xavi, he massacred us. Even the Araujo red was after a clear embellishment from the PSG player, though it could have been a foul and was avoidable.

Too bad, had real hope we could keep having fun this year, though I recognize our level is far below what it should be. Xavi, lovely guy, but does not have the level to coach a team like this. There are just too many details that make you want to say something is not right.