Match Thread: August 7, 2022 - Valour v York United

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

Valour are the big betting favourites in this one. I have no doubts that Valour will get on the scoresheet, but York have some scoring talent of their own against a Valour back line missing one or two pieces.

Hey, Happy Thoughts!

Valour to win.  Only ONE team to score.  Those are my bet lines.  See if I make any money on that. 

Rea and Forbes goal and assist each.  Great to see someone other than Dyer contribute to Valour FC scoring.

2nd straight clean sheet for Yesli.  Credit to backline as he was not too busy.

deBrienne's U21 minutes puts Valour above the 2000 requirement.

Any update on the condition of Giantsopoulos?

Edited by K Edgar

12 hours ago, K Edgar said:

2nd straight clean sheet for Yesli.  Credit to backline as he was not too busy.

How confident are the Valour contingent feeling about Yesli's performances? Do we think there's a chance he becomes the first choice keeper assuming Sirois is with Montreal next season?

1 hour ago, Pottsy3 said:

How confident are the Valour contingent feeling about Yesli's performances? Do we think there's a chance he becomes the first choice keeper assuming Sirois is with Montreal next season?

More immediate question is will Yesli get the start in Halifax?  I think so.  Valour may start Yesli as long as the wins continue.  Assuming thing continue fairly well I would not be surprised if Yesli and Barker (who impressed with FC Manitoba) were the Valour GK duo next season.  Perhaps, along with Artemenko  invited to training camp?

Just now, K Edgar said:

More immediate question is will Yesli get the start in Halifax?  I think so.  Valour may start Yesli as long as the wins continue.  Assuming thing continue fairly well I would not be surprised if Yesli and Barker (who impressed with FC Manitoba) were the Valour GK duo next season.  Perhaps, along with Artemenko  invited to training camp?

Is Sirois available for selection atm? Like have these starts came on the back of an injury, or is Yesli just the man in form?

Don't know if he's put a foot wrong yet though to be fair it hasn't exactly been trial by fire.  But solid movement, looks aware.  He's going to be one to keep an eye on.

Assuming the boss saw something on the training grounds because it's not as though Sirois played himself onto the bench.  Quite the opposite. 

Guess Dos Santos wants to keep the lad engaged and happy and in Winnipeg.  Some run outs against softer opponents is probably a pretty good way to go about it.

Bring on the Wanderers.