Should the CSA establish a New Canadian Championship Trophy?

Prior to the launch of the Canadian Championship, the Voyageurs Cup was awarded to the team who had the best regular season record against their Canadian opponents each year in their respective USA Leagues. Now we have 13 teams, from 5 different leagues (2 are American - MLS & USL) competing for the most prestigious trophy in Canada. But should it be?  The reasoning behind this question is that we finally have our own league to truly crown the Voyageurs Cup to. As it stands right now (to me atleast) Cavalry FC should be the Voyageurs Cup Champions, considering the fact the CPL doesn't acknowledge the team with the best regular season record. 

So what am I ultimately saying? 
The CSA Should establish a new name to the cup and a new trophy. Introducing the "Coupe Du Canada  or Canada Cup"

image.png.25793a43b5b7e098c2cfaacff7a63649.png

What this ultimately means is that the MLS teams could not win this cup, as they are able to win the  MLS Supporters shield, and the Voyaguers Cup is back to being awarded to the team with the best record in the CPL. For Canadians by Canadians.

Thoughts?

Edited by Shway

Voyageurs Cup started with regular season results because it's all we had to go on. It was always intended, by my understanding and memory, to essentially crown a national champion based upon whatever results there were to go on. Since we have gone from a situation where we had a bunch of Canadian teams that played in a single US-based league, to a situation where we have many more Canadian teams distributed among multiple leagues. It's still the best way to crown a national champion, using a knock-out Cup format, who then gets Canada's direct CCL spot.

It would be a downgrade to change it to simply go to the team that gets the most regular season points in the CPL. The CPL has decided that it's champion is the one that wins the playoff, not the regular season, so the V-Cup would end up being a consolation prize and I don't think anyone intended it be used that way.