Dalin Saheb

farrelld

I am surprised Algeria would need to call up someone playing in PLSQ. One never knows with young players and sometimes good ones are in unusual places but for the most part one would think that a 19 year old with the talent to be a future Canadian or Algerian national team player would be playing at a better level than PLSQ.

4 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

I am surprised Algeria would need to call up someone playing in PLSQ. One never knows with young players and sometimes good ones are in unusual places but for the most part one would think that a 19 year old with the talent to be a future Canadian or Algerian national team player would be playing at a better level than PLSQ.

Probably he is a stand out PLSQ player rather than an average one. 

Larin scored 4 goals in 5 games with Sigma in league one ontatio. Clearly had the talent at the time to be a future national team player, and he was also clearly a stand out at that level. Perhaps it is a similar situation for this young man?

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Probably he is a stand out PLSQ player rather than an average one. 

Larin scored 4 goals in 5 games with Sigma in league one ontatio. Clearly had the talent at the time to be a future national team player, and he was also clearly a stand out at that level. Perhaps it is a similar situation for this young man?

Which begs the question, if he is a stand out in PLSQ and worthy of an Algerian U21 call why haven't the Impact caught on? Sure would help to have a USL squad for young players wouldn't it?

Or maybe he just got called on a whim and isn't actually worthy? Who knows.

3 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Which begs the question, if he is a stand out in PLSQ and worthy of an Algerian U21 call why haven't the Impact caught on? Sure would help to have a USL squad for young players wouldn't it?

Or maybe he just got called on a whim and isn't actually worthy? Who knows.

It could be that Impact are not closely scouting the PLSQ (which I like to think is unlikely), or it could just be that he reached out to the Algerian FA somehow. I highly doubt the Algerians are actively scouting the PLSQ. His participation in the CSA ID camp was perhaps enough for to convince them to take a chance. That is likely a bigger factor than his form in the PLSQ. Besides, you'd think the Impact would have snapped him up already if he was a standout at that level.

Without knowing anything about this kid and his play in the PLSQ, my guess is that he is not really a stand out at the moment (otherwise the impact or fury would have snapped him up), but was able to make the Alergian connection because he has CSA ID camp on his resume.

BUT it could also be that Impact, Fury (or another club) is already aware of him and don't rate him. Or perhaps they do and already have a plan to bring him in. It is hard to say from the ol armchair.

I do think it is worth mentioning that margins betweeen a future pro and just a really good local player can be slim. 

In the article it is said that he didn’t made the cut when he tried out for the Impact Academy so they are definitely aware of him. Algeria where made aware of him by a YouTube video of his skills. He also plays at the CIS level for McGill University. 

My take is that Impact and Canada are aware of him and didn’t rate him enough at the moment. The Algerian FA are probably just taking a chance based on his video.

He’s the kind of young player the CPL should be aiming!

They're going to see if he's good enough for Algeria. They've had 2 female players who are in PLSQ that made the Algeria national team, so they might think that Quebec isn't that bad  And if I know one thing, is that you don't see player's flaws on youtube videos. He did get picked for the PLSQ all star team, and was the only member of his team. So he must be doing something right. I only saw his team play once last year and he didn't feature, so I can't comment on his play. 

I wouldn’t be surprised Algeria is keeping an eye in Quebec due to Canada being a popular place for immigrants from these countries to go due to the Francophone connection.

I work at a francophone school here in BC, and we have a bunch of Moroccan students.

Archived