Figured I would start a thread as a catch all regarding the 6 Canadian PDL clubs.

Calgary Foothills will host all Canadian TSS Rovers this week on Friday (7 PM MST) and Sunday (2 PM MST). Calgary will be streaming the matches live at the following links. I'm really curious to see the setup for Foothills this year as they are playing at yet another location.

15 hours ago, Big_M said:

Big comeback from Calgary 1-3 to 4-3. Low quality stream and at ground level but hopefully will be better Sunday. Level of play was good. Good impression from the new team.

Actually it was an even bigger comeback. Rovers were up by 3 goals at one point, and then Foothills scored just before the half. I guess they were just warming up.

1 hour ago, masster said:

I don't really understand how you can be docked points for that. In most leagues, you usually forfeit the match by a 3-0 scoreline. How can you lose an additional 3 points if you lost the match anyways?

When Kitsap was docked for the same thing last year it reversed their 3-0 win to a 3-0 loss and the club were also docked -3 points. I'm not sure why TSS Rovers wouldn't have the same scoreline and point deduction punishment?

1 hour ago, ted said:

This happened to Kitsap at their first game last year and they got so mad they moved to another league for 2017.

Ya, but Kitsap were always a bunch of whiny cunts, or at least in the 2 years I saw them.

Maybe the whining from Rovers supporters (or at least, AFTN) over the three penalties Foothills received over the weekend can stop now?

11 minutes ago, shermanator said:

When Kitsap was docked for the same thing last year it reversed their 3-0 win to a 3-0 loss and the club were also docked -3 points. I'm not sure why TSS Rovers wouldn't have the same scoreline and point deduction punishment?

As long as PDL is consistent, that is fine. I guess I am just comparing the situation to Europe. Deducting an additional 3 points after forfeiting the match seems like overkill to me. I think a fine for the club, as this was an administrative error, would be more appropriate.

Wow, Sagno. Always seemed like a striker on the up. Some lovely names floating around those western PDL teams. United played at the "ULTIMATE" soccer arenas against the Bucks. Lost 2-0. Pretty confident the Bucks first goal was actually cleared off the line by Justin Springer. Ah well, the Bucks always get the calls. As Foothills fans should know. We trashed them in the stands though.

Next game is against West Virginia Thursday. As far as I know, the league requested that all teams have live streams of their games. The Bucks failed to do that and so have most of the other teams in the Great Lakes division. So even the PDL champions don't want to film their indoor soccer arena. Frustrating.

7 minutes ago, Levi Oakey said:

As far as I know, the league requested that all teams have live streams of their games. The Bucks failed to do that and so have most of the other teams in the Great Lakes division. So even the PDL champions don't want to film their indoor soccer arena. Frustrating.

Thanks for mentioning that. I wasn't sure if that had been an official request or if the PNW was just being really awesome this year. Highlanders had a live feed of their match this past weekend via YouTube and have an open call for volunteers to do play-by-play and colour commentary. The *silent* first match can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umh6JwoDaD4

It was a pretty good match for Highlanders. Definitely a huge step above last year's team. The overall production of the match was a lot better too for fans in the stands. Only 305 people made it out for Mother's Day, but that'll likely grow as the season progresses. I've a bit of a write-up on the weekend of activity in Victoria here: http://www.northernstartingeleven.com/highlanders-buoyed-to-victory-despite-lanes-aces/

Calgary Foothills is holding a watch party at the Ship and Anchor for their game against TSS this Friday. I hope it's better than their PDL final "watch party", which was essentially just the game on TV with nowhere reserved for any of the supporters, and the club hocking their merch in a table tucked away. I will say that I was rather impressed by the stream quality of TSS' game against Lane United.

Wish I could be seeing the game live, but away game trips don't seem to be doable at this stage for the supporters group.

• 3 weeks later...

Calgary Foothills do the double over Victoria Highlanders this weekend. 1-0 on Friday and 3-1 today. Currently 5 points up on Seattle Sounders U-23 at the top of the NW division with 15 points through 6 games. Highlanders are 5th in the NW division with 3 points from 4 games, and TSS Rovers are at the bottom of the NW division with 2 points through 8 games (after a 3 point deduction).

Not sure how attendance is doing for the other Canadian clubs in the NW division, but Calgary drew 800+ in their opener and probably half that in their second game. Attendance numbers at the PDL level are hard to get.

On 5/15/2017 at 6:30 PM, masster said:

WSA Winnipeg signs former Canadian youth international Daniel Sagno. He was an impact player with the Whitecaps residency. Will be curious to see how he does at this level.

http://wsawinnipegpdl.com/2017/05/14/daniel-sagno-joins-wsa-winnipeg-for-2017-season/

Sagno is training with WFC2 now. Did things not go well in Winnipeg?
https://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2017/06/07/wfc2-training-update-ibini-and-adekugbe?hootPostID=3d93e3fbbc96525a88784151681ce896

On 6/4/2017 at 8:39 PM, shermanator said:

Not sure how attendance is doing for the other Canadian clubs in the NW division, but Calgary drew 800+ in their opener and probably half that in their second game. Attendance numbers at the PDL level are hard to get.

I can only really speak to the Highlanders home matches. We wish we had attendance numbers like that. Opening match was 305 people announced. The Friday night Seattle match was somewhere between 400-500 (estimate),while the two matches against Calgary were between 150-200 (generous estimate).

From what I've heard, the Rovers are doing pretty well at Swangard, despite their position in the table. For Canadian teams outside the NW division, I believe KW was bragging about a 1k+ attendance, and WSA Winnipeg has had a bit of a pre-CanPL bump, though I'm not sure how substantial it is. Not sure about the actual attendance numbers at either location. Thunder Bay has yet to host a home match.

@Nathanael Martin may have a fair idea about K-W United's attendance.

Archived