On 2017-06-10 at 10:38 AM, Rintaran said:

I can only really speak to the Highlanders home matches. We wish we had attendance numbers like that. Opening match was 305 people announced. The Friday night Seattle match was somewhere between 400-500 (estimate),while the two matches against Calgary were between 150-200 (generous estimate).

From what I've heard, the Rovers are doing pretty well at Swangard, despite their position in the table. For Canadian teams outside the NW division, I believe KW was bragging about a 1k+ attendance, and WSA Winnipeg has had a bit of a pre-CanPL bump, though I'm not sure how substantial it is. Not sure about the actual attendance numbers at either location. Thunder Bay has yet to host a home match.

@Nathanael Martin may have a fair idea about K-W United's attendance.

Playing in a cold, unappealing venue surely cannot help. Too bad Royal Athletic is taken up with baseball, such a nice spot.  I am hoping to see Victoria one day, if you'll have me--been over but never coincide with games. 

Swangard last home game for TSS I think there were maybe 300 in main stand and maybe 60/70 of us behind the goal. It was sparse. I think they think that being active on Twitter is enough, they are not doing the hard work for sales, which means working individuals and clubs and fighting for every sale. Social media can be deceptive. I came late and boy did they have long faces at the gate, with their little table, it was like selling an elementary school raffle, sorry to say.

On 6/12/2017 at 6:59 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Playing in a cold, unappealing venue surely cannot help. Too bad Royal Athletic is taken up with baseball, such a nice spot.  I am hoping to see Victoria one day, if you'll have me--been over but never coincide with games. 

Swangard last home game for TSS I think there were maybe 300 in main stand and maybe 60/70 of us behind the goal. It was sparse. I think they think that being active on Twitter is enough, they are not doing the hard work for sales, which means working individuals and clubs and fighting for every sale. Social media can be deceptive. I came late and boy did they have long faces at the gate, with their little table, it was like selling an elementary school raffle, sorry to say.

It's first steps in this program - you can be sure they'll re-examine everything for the 2018 season. 

A pair of draws against Lane United give Calgary Foothills a 4 point lead on Sounders U23 and Timbers U23 with 6 games remaining. Lane United parked the bus both games, and Calgary really struggled to generate any quality scoring chances in either leg. Dylon Powley was arguably the best player on both sides with some quality saves in the second game. Highlights are below.

This weekend's games against Soundesr U23 will make or break the season for Foothills. 

48 minutes ago, ted said:

Starting to feel like our season is already broken. :(

Only real hope left now is the Juan de Fuca Plate.

We're still ahead of Rovers as a result of goal differential!

Yeah, that's not very encouraging to me either. Hopefully we can keep the Plate in Victoria. Would hate to see it sail across.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived