Wondering if CPL will sign a jersey deal with a major corporate sponsor?

18 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

Nah, they just got caught in one of the biggest hurdles for international expansion. From my business admin days, international trade, including setting up a proper international supply chain & foreign manufacturing locations, was listed as one of the riskier steps to take, especially if you're dealing with countries you've no experience with.

Dryworld has only had a handful of smallish contracts, with QPR being "huge" for them. Sure, QPR isn't small, but there's no language barrier, trade between Canada & England is pretty straight-forward compared to working with South American countries, and it's only 1 team, with a relatively limited market. Snatching 3 Brazilian powers, and then trying to setup a new manufacturing facility in Panama in order to handle Brazil's crazy demand, it's no wonder they couldn't get things running swiftly enough.

They went after the contracts without already having things in place in order to handle the demand. Setup of their new production center had to wait for new equipment to arrive, new employees to get trained, and they definitely weren't prepared to run with the jump.

Dryworld is going to lose all 3 teams in Brazil, no question there. The company may be able to save itself if it finishes the Panama production center and then pursues some new contracts. They'll have to pay heavily in order to be given the chance, but it's possible.

They've lost 5 soccer deals, including Watford, leaving them solely with Delhi Dynamo (who are reportedly thinking of dumping them). QPR might also sue them.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rintaran said:

Their Facebook is imploding much the same way. It took some google-fu & google translate, but I found an article.

The TLDR version:

Dryworld tried to go too big, too fast. Unable to get production to the necessary levels, they are paying penalties to the three clubs, but they are so far unable to provide the product to the quality & quantity that was expected.

Original article:

http://explosaotricolor.com.br/v2/segundo-portal-saida-da-dryworld/

Google Translation:

According to portal, Dryworld exit is not ruled out

Yesterday, the partnership between Fluminense and Canadian sportswear company Dryworld completed six months since the official announcement at a large party held at the Salão Nobre in early March. Although the Tricolor had financial advantages compared to the previous contract with Adidas, behind the scenes of the club there are those who believe that the new sports supplier has brought more problems than solutions. The main point of friction is the difficulty for distribution of products, both for Fluminense and for stores.

According to the portal Globoesporte.com, the quality of the pieces also became motive of irony among employees and even within the professional cast. Given this scenario, there is inside the club who does not discard a change from 2017. But the official version is that there is trust by the board that the operation of the company in Brazil will normalize and Fluminense will be better served.

For example, teams from the Fluminense base categories still wear old Adidas uniforms. The deadline for delivery has already expired, and although the club's representatives have already gone several times to the factory, opened in Paraná, the pressure has not yet had any effect.

- We want it for yesterday. It's no use giving any more foresight. We imagined that problems could happen, but not on this scale. The distribution is their Achilles' heel - said a Fluminense manager.

Dryworld has made a commitment to Fluminense, Atlético-MG and Goiás without having the necessary production capacity to serve them. With few parts in the stores and consequently few sales, the Canadian company could not afford to spin the wheel. The large shed purchased in Paraná has not yet been fully assembled, also because of the lack of financial resources.

The contract with Dryworld allows Fluminense to make notifications and even foresees fines in case of company failures, but the tricolor board keeps hope for better days, despite the patience of many people already being near the limit. What holds the lawsuits against the Canadians is the money they give to the club, which has only occasional delays of a few days because of operational issues, according to official Flu reports. Those who defend the company argue that it will have paid by the end of this year what the former sponsor would give Fluminense in a period of three years.

Atlético-MG, the first club to close with the Canadians, has problems similar to those faced by Fluminense. The mining club, inclusively, has already made formal notifications because of the inadequate supply of material.

My opinion:

This sucks. A blow like this will probably sink the company unless they can manage a very quick turn around & demonstrable success outside of Brazil. I think they're already done as far as Brazil is concerned.

Not too surprised seeing another Canadian multi national or budding multi national fall flat on its face. It's like we have this inherent gene for our companies to just plain and simply not be globally competitive.

1 minute ago, matty said:

They've lost 5 soccer deals, including Watford, leaving them solely with Delhi Dynamo (who are reportedly thinking of dumping them). QPR might also sue them.

Ouch. Sounds like they seriously don't understand the market & how to handle international trade. Too bad.

18 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

Ouch. Sounds like they seriously don't understand the market & how to handle international trade. Too bad.

All in one year too!

17 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Maybe a contract with the CPL might save them. 

Maybe if they actually sold shit to the general public something could save them.

15 hours ago, matty said:

All in one year too!

Maybe if they actually sold shit to the general public something could save them.

Yeah, they're website doesn't provide much other than the fact some random guy in the CFL wears it.

16 hours ago, matty said:

All in one year too!

Agreed! I live in Victoria, where the company is from, and I've never seen any of their stuff in store. Hell, I went into stores a flubber-belly like myself really has no business being in with the hopes of finding some gear in order to assess quality (work out stores, high-end specialty sports stores, small sketchy-looking "sports" stores, etc).

On 2/6/2017 at 0:45 AM, matty said:

The Boldest CPL prediction yet! Also CPL = Labatt Comeback

Team                  Shirt Sponsor  Kit Make  Shoulder/Reigonal Sponsor  Beer/Short Sponsor
Victoria Highlanders      Boston Pizza         Dryworld     Whilster Blackcomb      Kokanee
Calgary Wild Horses          Shaw               Umbro            Sunshine Village        Kokanee
Saskatchawan Roungriders  The Brick      Umbro           Sasktel                      Alexander Keith's
Winnipeg FC                       MTS                Dryworld                                         Alexander Keith's
Hamilton Steelers             Tim Hortons'           Umbro                                        Steamwhistle
Toronto United                  Freedom Mobile     Dryworld     ZTE                       Steamwhistle
Southampton FC KW  Virgin Mobile  Underarmour                                           Steamwhistle
Halifax FC        Alexander Keith's               Umbro                                            Alexander Keith's

i think Winnipeg,Calgary,Hamilton, and Saskatchewan (Regina)  will be with Adidas because they will probably have the same owner as  the CFL teams in those cities   

4 hours ago, DannyFromToronto23 said:

i think Winnipeg,Calgary,Hamilton, and Saskatchewan (Regina)  will be with Adidas because they will probably have the same owner as  the CFL teams in those cities   

yea when i wrote the list dryworld still seemed like a thing (it isn't now) i agree adidas makes sense.

16 hours ago, Alex D said:

Inaria is now supplying at least 3 NASL club this season that I'm aware of. Edmonton, San Fran and the Cosmos are going to sport their gear.

I checked FC Edmonton's website and they don't even have their adidas selection on clearance. I wonder when they'll do that and make their Inaria products available.

4 hours ago, Alex D said:

I'm curious to see what Inaria will produce for Edmonton. San Francisco Bad Logos kit is less than inspiring. 

I think the highlight video of Wigan vs FC Edmonton have the Eddies dawning the new kits....I think. 

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Maybe we could redirect/rename/relaunch this thread with

Which Corporation will sponsor which kit?

Oh fudge, just saw the "jersey outfitter" thread.

Archived