• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
On 21/07/2017 at 5:33 PM, Xavier said:

This is a design concept for the potential Fraser Valley Canadian Premier League team that I have been working on. I would love to get feedback on the name (British Columbia Football Club, or BCFC for short), as well as the crest, and last but not least the kit.

The gold/black/white colour scheme is meant to represent the Gold Rush era that populated the Fraser Valley and British Columbia. The sublimated waves pattern on the kit are similar to the waves on the BC flag. 

Let me know what you think!

BCFC.png

I'm not from BC, and I'm not an artist, but I do like the kit a lot! The logo looks fine glancing at it, but I had to stare at it a long time to find where the "b" probably is (it's lower case, right?) and to convince myself if there are meant to be 2 c's or 1. When I first looked at it I saw LFC, or CLF, not BCFC, and without the context of BCFC written above it, I never would have seen BCFC inside the circle of the logo.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2017 at 5:33 PM, Xavier said:

This is a design concept for the potential Fraser Valley Canadian Premier League team that I have been working on. I would love to get feedback on the name (British Columbia Football Club, or BCFC for short), as well as the crest, and last but not least the kit.

The gold/black/white colour scheme is meant to represent the Gold Rush era that populated the Fraser Valley and British Columbia. The sublimated waves pattern on the kit are similar to the waves on the BC flag. 

Let me know what you think!

BCFC.png

Hey Xavier, mind if I use the logo for my Football Manager mod - and of course, with full credit.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:27 AM, Kent said:

I'm not from BC, and I'm not an artist, but I do like the kit a lot! 

Just wanted to say I agree! I may be complaining loudly about the concept of BCFC but everything about the kit, the colours,  the crest design, the relation to the history of the region, is all really nicely done.

• 1 month later...

Not to beat a dead horse and there's no way an owner would go for it, but if a tri-cities team was anywhere near the Galt neighbourhood and could somehow get a hold of some of the old medals from 1904 (donation? local sports hall of fame?) and invent some kind of lineage, then "Galt FC" would be amazing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I realize I'm about to revive this thread from the dead, but hey, it's a fun thread. 

I decided to revisit some of my CPL concepts, including a new CPL logo. The stylized maple leaf is shaped like a shield or soccer crest. Opted out of using any kind of direct soccer symbols as Paul Beirne said my last logo (my avatar) was too obvious. 

My first concept is for the Winnipeg Golden Boys. You might recognize the logo from an old concept of mine. I tweaked it a little bit and made new kits. The logo incorporates the statue is from the dome of the Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg and the remparts are from the Upper Fort Garry gates. Colours are similar to the colours of the Blue Bombers.

CPL_WinnipegPres.thumb.png.87cba154cda4946226dc41e66198ff87.png

Hope you guys like it. 

Will be doing Victoria, Fraser Valley, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatchewan, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Ottawa, Quebec, and Halifax in this series. 

13 hours ago, Xavier said:

Next up: Victorian Soccer Club (Victorian SC or VSC)

CPL_VictoriaPres.thumb.png.bb082a005ab8ce6d66b790f9e3416ce2.png

Would love feedback as always.

Is this supposed to be for Victoria?!?!

Positive:

• I personally love hoops
  • Black and white is kinda OK
  • at least you made a tiny effort to find a "local" sponsor

Negative:

• Why don't the socks have hoops as well?
  • that logo looks like a wilted fleur-de-lys
  • We don't do "SC" thanks very much. If it isn't "football" it's crap
  • "Victorian" is a time period, not a place.

1 minute ago, ted said:

Is this supposed to be for Victoria?!?!

Positive:

• I personally love hoops
  • Black and white is kinda OK
  • at least you made a tiny effort to find a "local" sponsor

Negative:

• Why don't the socks have hoops as well?
  • that logo looks like a wilted fleur-de-lys
  • We don't do "SC" thanks very much. If it isn't "football" it's crap
  • "Victorian" is a time period, not a place.

Honestly, the socks don’t have hoops because of the template. It’s major flaw is that it has shin pads which go over the socks making it impossible to have any kind of design on them other than colour. I’m working on a way around it.

It’s supposed to be an “old english” styled “V”. I understand how it looks like a witted fleur the lys.

I grew up in Victoria, played 15 years playing soccer, and now coach 3 different clubs here in the Victoria area. If anyone calls it football they get looked at funny, unless of course they are originally from Europe or South America. It’s soccer here.

As a Victorian myself, no I am not a time period. “Victorian” is the denonym for someone or something from Victoria. Having a soccer club based out of Victoria, it is only natural to have it be named the Victorian Soccer Club.

For the sponsor, I thought Abe books was fitting as they’d have the cash, it’s a tech company, and it’s local.

I was thinking of going with Phillips or Hoyne, but not sure if beer sponsors are the best idea for a Div 1 sponsor.

21 hours ago, Xavier said:

I grew up in Victoria, played 15 years playing soccer, and now coach 3 different clubs here in the Victoria area. If anyone calls it football they get looked at funny, unless of course they are originally from Europe or South America. It’s soccer here.

As a Victorian myself, no I am not a time period. “Victorian” is the denonym for someone or something from Victoria. Having a soccer club based out of Victoria, it is only natural to have it be named the Victorian Soccer Club.

Interesting perspective. I always assumed that having clubs like Victoria Highlanders FC, Vic West FC, Lakehill FC, Fernwood United FC,  Saanich Fusion FC, Bays United FC, FC Sagres, Castaways FC, and Gorge FC made it pretty clear that the world's preferred term was pretty popular around here. :)

Sure, in conversation we use the colloquial "soccer" but the name of the club is more formal.

As for Victorian, OK, sometimes that term is used to describe people from Victoria, but a team name is about a place. It's not Montrealer Impact or Torontonian FC or Vancouverite Whitecaps. ;)

p.s. Are you coming to the Highlanders Launch Party at the Strath on April 26th? We can argue CanPL details, first beer is on me. 

8 minutes ago, ted said:

Interesting perspective. I always assumed that having clubs like Victoria Highlanders FC, Vic West FC, Lakehill FC, Fernwood United FC,  Saanich Fusion FC, Bays United FC, FC Sagres, Castaways FC, and Gorge FC made it pretty clear that the world's preferred term was pretty popular around here. :)

Sure, in conversation we use the colloquial "soccer" but the name of the club is more formal.

As for Victorian, OK, sometimes that term is used to describe people from Victoria, but a team name is about a place. It's not Montrealer Impact or Torontonian FC or Vancouverite Whitecaps. ;)

p.s. Are you coming to the Highlanders Launch Party at the Strath on April 26th? We can argue CanPL details, first beer is on me. 

Hibernian FC and Club de Hockey Canadien are the only examples I can find of what I was going for. I just prefer this to just calling it Victoria FC. It’s just so... cookie cutter.

I get your point for the FC/SC debate. Victorian FC/VFC sounds just as good to be honest. 

I’ll do my best to make it. I’m pretty sure I have a tournament that weekend with my Island Fire FA(another example that uses “football” in the region lol) team. But we’ll see. Also, I designed the new Swanguardians logo so not sure how welcomed I will be ;)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xavier said:

5abdbef5601cc_ScreenShot2018-03-29at9_33_23PM.thumb.png.903800c2029de3ae0ce5f7eb503ef7f4.png

Currently working on this. Thoughts? Ottawa Siver Eleven, a play on the old hockey team named the Ottawa Silver Seven. 

I like it. Creative and looks great.

Mind you, I'm a QPR fan and we play in rugby inspired shirts so don't pay too much attention to me!

On 2018-03-19 at 2:59 PM, Xavier said:

For the sponsor, I thought Abe books was fitting as they’d have the cash, it’s a tech company, and it’s local.

I was thinking of going with Phillips or Hoyne, but not sure if beer sponsors are the best idea for a Div 1 sponsor.

Phillip's would be a great official stadium beer supplier. 

Archived