Drogba day

tmcmurph

The Bell was cool. What a shame they couldn't have actually procured an actual Montreal church bell considering how many churches are being torn down and transformed into condos. BMOs jersey sponsorship is supposed to end soon maybe Bell will chime in ;)

Great spectacle, Saputo looks and sounds amazing on television when the place is full and jumping. Someone can correct me but I think the bell is rang by the 'official' supporters group so the Impact may have paid for it. Decision day has been a great decision by the league.

According to this article 1642 raised money within their members and Saputo gave the blessing. The bell was built in 1885 in Cincinnati...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/sideline/news/2016/10/02/montreal-impact-1642-mtl-bell-ritual

Can you imagine how much more exciting it would be if there was relegation as well.  Watching the BPL final day over the years has almost given me a heart attack.

In an off hand way there is "relegation". Teams are "relegated" out of the playoffs. North American thing.

I really love the D-Day format. Great excitement east and west.

What a freakin match that was!!! MLS eat your heart out. What an ambiance at the stadium. Only in soccer can you have such passion from both teams in the stadium. Drogba=Legend!!! Should've had 3 goals! Amazing 2 goals! Now playing TFC at home in playoffs. 

Kudos to IMFC. Though I believe the game could have gone either way, Montreal made the most of their opportunities. Well deserved win.
- TFC fan

According to this article 1642 raised money within their members and Saputo gave the blessing. The bell was built in 1885 in Cincinnati...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/sideline/news/2016/10/02/montreal-impact-1642-mtl-bell-ritual

And this video does not look suspiciously like the videos produced by the Impact staff? 1642 is part of the marketing department of the club despite all claims to the contrary.

Kudos to IMFC. Though I believe the game could have gone either way, Montreal made the most of their opportunities. Well deserved win.- TFC fan

Yes it was quite a match. Thursday will be a very close game that might even go into extra time .As  a Impact STH, hoping for a Mtl victory, If not, hope to see a TFC - Vancouver final.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived