Sophie Schmidt in germany!

deadlynx

• 2 weeks later...

[1 ] FC Frankfurt team photo shoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv_7dOLY__k

- Sophie Schmidt wearing a  number 18 Garefrekes jersey

- Dzsenifer Marozsan on crutches and later in the driver seat of the car ( visual metaphor?)

[ 2 ]   It's going to be fun having a Canadian rooting interest in Uefa Women's Champions League next year with Schmidt in Frankfurt and Belanger in Rosengard.

Edited by tc-in-bc

UEFA Women's Champions League round of 32 draw :

-  PAOK FC (Greece) vs KIF Orebro (Sweden)  --  Marie Eve Nault

-  PK-35 Vantaa (Finland) vs FC Rosengard (Sweden)     --  Josee Belanger

-  Royal Standard de Liege ( Belgium) vs 1. FFC Frankfurt   (Germany) -- Sophie Schmidt

Sidenote: I like this Standard Liege song:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyHMEYOEtIc

-  Stjarnan  ( Iceland ) vs  WFC Zvezda-2005 ( Russia ) -- Shannon Woeller is with Stjarnan.

note: Though Woeller was shaky in the 2012 Olympic Qualifiers, she's a more mature centerback now.  Perhaps Canada should be 

giving her another look.

Edited by tc-in-bc

She had a great run-up to the games, but I didn't think she stood out at the World Cup itself.  It looked to me like some nerves affecting her play.  I vaguely recall her having trouble with her free kicks, but maybe that was just me expecting the World on every play.  Anyway, there were outstanding midfield performances by the Germans, French, Americans and Japanese, so the competition was pretty stiff for the all-star team.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

FFC Frankfurt advance on penalties ( 5 - 4 ) over FC Rosengard into the semifinals of the 2015-16 UEFA Women's Champion's League -- their next opponent likely being Wolfsburg. Overall a quality performance by Sophie Schmidt in the mid-field, playing every minute, and scoring one of the penalties.

On 3/30/2016 at 2:53 PM, tc-in-bc said:

FFC Frankfurt advance on penalties ( 5 - 4 ) over FC Rosengard into the semifinals of the 2015-16 UEFA Women's Champion's League -- their next opponent likely being Wolfsburg. Overall a quality performance by Sophie Schmidt in the mid-field, playing every minute, and scoring one of the penalties.

OMFG, was there really racist chanting at that game?

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956/europe/2016/03/31/21881272/uefa-investigating-racism-in-womens-champions-league-tie

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I was there... and NO, from the main stands nothing, and I heard from the ball girls, as well as friends on the other sides, no one whitnessed ANYTHING racist.
The reason why the crowd was booing and whistleling was, that Enganamouit played unfair and unnecessarily hard, including hitting frankfurt player`s faces etc. you can watch the replay of the game online, where you see, it all started after a few committed fouls. that player deserved a red, but only saw yellow, and I`m not talking as a frankfurt fan here, in fact I wanted rosengard to win, because of Erin...
Same goes to Marta, but she mostly behaved herself, so there was less booing than usual, and believe me, frankfurt has its own history with her.. 2008 there were 27000 people booing and whistling at her every time she touched the balll.
We didn`t even know why the ref interrupted the game around the 70th minute, only to get told by the speakers..."racism  has no place in soccer" or sth like that, and we all in the stands were wondering what was going on, cause no one did anything.
the thing which most disturbs me, and this is why I speak for the frankfurt fans: don`t create racism where is none. only because the crowd was mad at an african player, doesn`t mean it`s meant because of the color of her skin or her nationality. it is purely based on her style of play, and a player who is strong as her, normally shouldn`t have to behave like that, prove your worldclass with the ball, not by wrestling. you get what you ask for, and if you play like that, wait for the fan`s echo [in form of booing and whistleing] and where do we go, when the fans are not allowed to do so?!
Again, I am only speaking of booing and the whistles, NOT racist slurs, which don`t belong ANYWHERE.
I heard there were accusations of racist chanting and ape sounds, which I and everybody I know, did NOT whitness and I hope uefa does it`s best to investigate, cause they will find out, that everything is NOT true. I know Frankfurt`s fans for a very long time now, cause I`ve been a fan since 2001, and racism has no place there.
looks more to me rosengard is a sour loser, press conference spoke for itself too.

Edited by deadlynx
I cannot speak english lol

also interesting, but I only read something today about it: last year Marta made the same accusations after the Wolfsburg game. coincidence?
oh marta, when do you finally understand... in germany we love a nice soccer game and people who do magic with the balll... but we hate unfair players who knock people out.. that`s why this will never get a happy end between german fans and you..

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

That's weird.  Dzsenifer Marozsan scored one of the goals for Frankfurt.  I also watched her play for Lyon against Zurich a few days ago.  Did she get suddenly transferred, or is she playing for two teams?

Whoops!  Nevermind.  The results for the Frankfurt/Duisburg game I found online were from two years ago.  How embarrassing.

Edited by rkomar

• 4 months later...