RUMMOR: CSA approached Albert Roca

Levi Oakey

Why would they approach him before the gold cup? That wouldve been before our abysmal display and questionable coaching decisions.

Was there already a disconnect between players and coaches heading into the tournament?

Just today he resigned as coach of el salvador. This is interesting..... Is he still in contact with the csa?

http://www.supersport.com/football/article.aspx?Id=3103114

wait, I guess his tweet doesn't say before the game... just "at the Gold Cup" could have been before the Costa Rica game. When I read it I just assumed at the start of Gold Cup.

To be fair, Waxman has been anti-Floro for awhile... so I don't know if we should read too much into this.

Thing is, he would not be the best coach out of Spain to take on Canada. I posted years ago I though another similar coach Raul Agné, would work very well. Agné is currently at Tenerife. Another similar coach, out of the Catalan system, would be Rubi, who was just fired at Valladolid. 

Roca has never really had full responsibilities at a club, he was with Rijkaard for many years and has learnt well, no doubt, but he would not know what to do with us, don't think. He had worked with El Salvador because he could try to get them to play possession and positionally, in their own modest way. He has more theory than practice, I'd say. You can see he was doing a good job with them, considering they have had to rebuild after the sanctions against the game-throwers.

That said, him resigning suggests offers from elsewhere, though being Spain pre-season he is not going to walk into any jobs, none are available yet. Doubt he'd go back to be a 2nd coach, he wants to move up career-wise. He'd certainly be paid better at Canada than in El Salvador, guessing but think this would be right.

Roca and Floro seemed to be pretty friendly after the Gold Cup, it would be a shock to see Roca take over Canada.  Not sure I believe it but with Roca resigning it does make you wonder... obviously he has something in the works.

It would be a waste to tear down our 2 years of work with Floro over the fact we couldn't score in 3 games.  If we stumble in September we need to look at other options I think.  

Roca and Floro seemed to be pretty friendly after the Gold Cup, it would be a shock to see Roca take over Canada.  Not sure I believe it but with Roca resigning it does make you wonder... obviously he has something in the works.

It would be a waste to tear down our 2 years of work with Floro over the fact we couldn't score in 3 games.  If we stumble in September we need to look at other options I think.  

Exactly, it would be foolish to go with someone with less experience and probably less committed to a long-term project, who'd leave at the first bite from elsewhere. Floro wants to stick it out and succeed in part because his family is keen to be in Canada now, like what happened with Holger.

I bet what really happened was that Floro politely introduced him to CSA people before the match, as a colleague. 

I actually think that Floro is with the CSA for a while.  I think he's much more connected within the CSA than any of our past coaches and he brings a tremendous amount of respect and tactical discipline to the program.  I'm sure he's going to be here to the end of this World Cup cycle at least; but I would imagine he'll be looking to move on within the CSA after that.

Archived