CONCACAF Girls' Under 15 Championship

xabuep2

Not sure the US sent a squad to qualifying in this tournament, what irks me is when you go to the CSA site, the player profiles for this age group do not appear to show the club affliation the player has. I hate the National body and the provincials ignoring that a player comes from a club and is developed in a club then scooped by the National Team Pools to play on a representative team.

It really says to the clubs, we think your irrelevant and we will not acknowledge that player X comes out of your club.

Victor M, might what to think about that as he attends the World Cup in Brasil and stays on the dime of FIFA in the luxury boxes and hotels, and lines up for the Sepp Blatter audience to recieve the CSA bonus for attending. Apparently at past World Cups it has be handed out in cash to National Association Presidents.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/soccer/bill-archer/2014/5/30/sepp-blatter-the-world-cup-and-why-you-dont-matter

I see no US, no Mexico. So we should win that, right?

At this level it's always a crap-shoot. And this tournament doesn't look super cereal. Look at Group "A", the most iron-clad "home team gets a cushy group so it can play an elimination game" case in the history of world soccer.

At this level it's always a crap-shoot. And this tournament doesn't look super cereal. Look at Group "A", the most iron-clad "home team gets a cushy group so it can play an elimination game" case in the history of world soccer.

I'd argue that the worst team in Group D would win Group A.

• 2 months later...

Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago tomorrow for the Semi-Final. Live stream available ! check CONCACAF page !

Canada just defeated T&T 1-0.  Saw the last bit of the 1st half and the 2nd half on the CONCACAF stream.  Canada dominated in the first half and then were back on their heels and too casual at the back in the second.  Made it closer than it needed to be.

Former Can WNT member Kristina Kiss was commentating (or trying to) with some dolt who spent more time asking her stupid Canadian trivia questions and flirting with her/teasing her.  So annoying.  She was pretty gracious, considering.

Haiti/Honduras up next in the other semi.  Final Sunday.

No player profiles could be child welfare.

T&T is the size of Ottawa.

Don't see the point of spending money on U15 international girl's soccer.  Hell of a leap from no standings until 13 and then international tournaments at 14.

Congrats to Team Canada for winning the cup.  It was a bit surreal seeing their faces in the presentation close-ups, since they were (surprise!) under 15.  They sure didn't play like it.  I'm liking this move to bring coaching and development at all age levels into a greater plan.

P.S.  It was also surreal seeing how, at that young age, they were already well versed in giving canned answers in interviews.  They're growing up so fast!

Archived