Yallop to Chicago

nolando

Narduch posted this in another thread but it probably deserves its own now:

Narduch posted this in another thread but it probably deserves its own now:

Thank God, for the Whitecaps.

I can breathe much easier now. Been holding my breath ever since Rennie was fired.

If this is true, it really makes me think Yallop was a distant plan C. I'm assuming Carl Robinson is plan B, but who are the A-List candidates? Bob Bradley? Holger Osieck? Juan Carlos Osorio? Does anybody from Montreal recall the nature of that rumour that JCO was going to replace Schallenbaum? Was that complete rubbish?

I remember the Juan Carlos Osorio to Canada rumour but not him replacing Schalibaum. Given that we made the playoffs Schallibaum's contract has renewed unfortunately but I would take JCO over him in a heartbeat. He wouldn't be a guy to sit back and let Joey and NDS run the team which would be a positive. I think he would be an upgrade over Rennie but worrying is he is a bit mercurial and hasn't stayed at any club for very long. Bradley or Ossieck would be very good signings also, particularly Bradley.

I remember the Juan Carlos Osorio to Canada rumour but not him replacing Schalibaum. Given that we made the playoffs Schallibaum's contract has renewed unfortunately but I would take JCO over him in a heartbeat. He wouldn't be a guy to sit back and let Joey and NDS run the team which would be a positive. I think he would be an upgrade over Rennie but worrying is he is a bit mercurial and hasn't stayed at any club for very long. Bradley or Ossieck would be very good signings also, particularly Bradley.

It was there. It was a ridiculous rumor. It was started by a Colombian radio station IIRC. I do wonder if he talked to the Impact about Nelson Rivas. I doubt he was talking about it for the job, unless Schallibaum told the Impact FO that he's going back to Switzerland at the end of the year, which I highly doubt.

Archived