Canada vs. Mexico, Seattle July 11/13, Pre-Match Planning Thread

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way any negative or insulting chant, which I am in favour of if biting or funny or inspiring, can be sustained by our little group more than 5 and half repetitions. You know I am right. Most will end up looking lame. Set yourself up to look lame, bad idea.

On top of that if you want to irritate Mexicans, you have to do it in Spanish. Would you care if Mexicans mocked Canada in a language you could not understand? It is wanking off.

My opinion is that usually Canada fans have cool chants but no committment. I am able to do the same chant, sustained, for 4 minutes. Like 57 repetitions, or 58. Or six minutes. I pretend it is Stairway to Heaven, it does not end quick. A lot of supporter's groups in Canada do 6 repetitions then fade out. No committment and very poser.

So I say, first of all, mother-fukcers: Commit to a chant and do it sustained. At first expect Mexicans to drown us out. Ride through it. Get tired? Keep going. Team responds, then pick it up. Pause. Repeat.

That give you maybe a dozen serious chanting moments in a match and most if not all of them have to be positive. Just doing player names after a good move is enough. The players will appreciate it, be assured. Other Canada fans spread out over the stadium will too. Fans watching at home will too.

Just think: 1000 of us, including Can fans all over the stadium vs about 45,000 Mexicans. Total maybe 40 to 1. Fans have to go out and play hardball and stick it out, and lame negative chants half of us don't even like or get are a waste of time.

I would prefer to chant "Colin Miller" 25 times. Twenty-five. I will demonstrate tomorrow, and if you don't want to follow you can do whatever the fck you want.

Name a time.

Yeah, just thinking as I have walked part of that route before, it looks close but is not that close.. I think leaving 6:45 is a bit tight, 6:30 sounds right. As maybe you said, sorry not reading all posts. 90 m lead sounds right.

Mind you, with anthems and silly pregame crap we never start matches at game time in North America, maybe I am being anal but we'll have more fun if not being searched in a line for "with glowing hearts..."

Unfortunately it all rather depends on whether those hand-held metal detectors are in use or not. Could make a significant difference.

One benefit of the double header will be that some people head in early, although I suspect most Mexico supporters won't bother with the first match.

Fans attending Gold Cup matches at CenturyLink Field tomorrow are encouraged to plan ahead and arrive well in advance of kickoff to ensure smooth access into the stadium and avoid any possible traffic congestion. The doubleheader features Panama versus Martinique at 5:30 p.m. PT immediately followed by Mexico versus Canada at 8 p.m. PT. Gates open at 4 p.m.Handheld metal detectors will be utilized at all gates. Fans will be asked to remove all metal from their pockets and hold the items in their hands as the screening is conducted, including coins, keys and cell phones.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4637555

Guest CLMorrison83

I'll be there with my wife. Front row of the section. I'll be hanging a canada flag on the railing

There is no way any negative or insulting chant, which I am in favour of if biting or funny or inspiring, can be sustained by our little group more than 5 and half repetitions.

Our group has a "counting bitch" who counts off two, four or eight repetitions depending on length of song/chant and action on the field. We don't go beyond 8 as any more than that usually just starts to flag. We also cut it off early if the opposition get into a scoring opportunity. Noting feels stupider than singing when your opponent scores.

Thanks, Nolando, for the metal detector post. Perhaps we should leave the pub at 6:15 instead of 6:30. That would leave us 70-75 minutes at the stadium to go through the metal detectors, go through the bag search, have our flags/banners investigated by the Thought Police, find our seats, hang up flags/banners, buy food/drinks, and get settled.

How does 6:15 sound to everyone?

There is no way any negative or insulting chant, which I am in favour of if biting or funny or inspiring, can be sustained by our little group more than 5 and half repetitions. You know I am right. Most will end up looking lame. Set yourself up to look lame, bad idea.

On top of that if you want to irritate Mexicans, you have to do it in Spanish. Would you care if Mexicans mocked Canada in a language you could not understand? It is wanking off.

My opinion is that usually Canada fans have cool chants but no committment. I am able to do the same chant, sustained, for 4 minutes. Like 57 repetitions, or 58. Or six minutes. I pretend it is Stairway to Heaven, it does not end quick. A lot of supporter's groups in Canada do 6 repetitions then fade out. No committment and very poser.

So I say, first of all, mother-fukcers: Commit to a chant and do it sustained. At first expect Mexicans to drown us out. Ride through it. Get tired? Keep going. Team responds, then pick it up. Pause. Repeat.

That give you maybe a dozen serious chanting moments in a match and most if not all of them have to be positive. Just doing player names after a good move is enough. The players will appreciate it, be assured. Other Canada fans spread out over the stadium will too. Fans watching at home will too.

Just think: 1000 of us, including Can fans all over the stadium vs about 45,000 Mexicans. Total maybe 40 to 1. Fans have to go out and play hardball and stick it out, and lame negative chants half of us don't even like or get are a waste of time.

I would prefer to chant "Colin Miller" 25 times. Twenty-five. I will demonstrate tomorrow, and if you don't want to follow you can do whatever the fck you want.

Bingo

Archived