Is the 8-1 WCQ match Hond vs Can under investigation??

Canada1

if you watched the epic screw up on Honduran 2nd goal, you'd think it's ****ting of the bed

I watched the entire match and Honduras was easily the better team ... the U.S. had maybe 1 or 2 chances and scored on a great play between Jones and Dempsey (who else!). But Honduras had 8-10 chances. Yes, that second goal was defended poorly, but Honduras could easily have had 2 or 3 goals.

I watched the Yanks game and i might be Canadian but the Yanks are our "friends" and i hate honduras way too much to see them win.

The Yanks are our "friends" in the way that they face similar challenges as us (many "away" fans at games, long travel distances, trouble getting national media attention etc...) I still don't like them. I also dislike Honduras.

No matter what sh*t the Panama fans pulled in Panama City, you got to admire their passion. It felt more like a "fun/anxious" rivalry then an old bitter hate at BMO Field. I hope they make the World Cup for the first time.

Jamaica I want to do poorly so that Hoilett will join us. Otherwise I have no dislike for them.

Looks like this is the Hex results thread for the night...

Jamaica draws 0-0 in Mexico and tbh they might've deserved better. The Azteca crowd in the last 20 minutes was something to behold

Mexico looked terrible tonight ... Jamaica did well defending (and had a few golden chances), but Mexico really ran out of ideas and were extremely sloppy. This might be the worst insult I could give the Mexican team, but they kinda reminded me of us going forward! Ricketts did make a few big stops, but no more than 2 or 3.

I really don't think you can call that s**ting the bed ... Honduras is a good team, they were at home, and the U.S. is a little overrated.

It's funny the similarities you can see between when we lost to them and when they lost today. Lot of USMNT fans looking at the clubs the Hondurans play for and concluding they can't actually be very good. Now given, the Americans have much more talent than we do but judging a player's level simply by where they play will lead you straight off a cliff. We didn't give a good account of ourselves on the day, but in retrospect you can say Honduras has a much improved team. Their Olympic run was no fluke.

Both the USA and Canada are struggling to produce certain types of players. To be frank: the wide play generally sucks, the #10 position leaves a lot to be desired. The forwards are normally of the variety where you need to feed them the ball in very specific situations to score, otherwise forget about them creating anything themselves. Basically, we are lacking some creativity (with a few notable exceptions of course).

Honduras might not have footballers that are as good on an absolute level, but as a team they possess some of the creativity the USMNT and CMNT are lacking. Something that should be noted.

Archived