Canadian U15 team playing in tournament in Mexico (June 18-24)

Toje

They will play Mexico, Chile and Colombia. The other group has USA, Costa Rica and Spain.

1- GK- Philip Di Bennardo | CAN / Woodbridge SC

2- FB- Donte Henry | CAN / Woodbridge SC

3- AM- Francesco Saporito | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

4- M- Andre Baires | CAN / Phoenix SC U-14

5- CB- Mateo Restrepo | CAN / Woodbridge SC

6- M- Kwame Amoah | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

7- M- David Choinière | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal

8- W- A.J. Lopez | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

9- AM- Luca Uccello | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

10- F- Andrew Gordon | CAN / Hearts Azzuri

11- M- Marcello Polisi | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

12- CM- Emmanuel Zambazis | CAN / Mississauga SC

13- CB- Juliano Cobuzzi | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal

14- FB- André-Cédric Zibi | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal

15- FB- Kamal Miller | CAN / Vaughn Azzuri

16- FB- Michael-Ricci Jean-Charles | CAN / CS Villeray

17- W- Olamide Ajibike | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

18- GK- James Pantemis | CAN / Lakeshore SC

19- F- Aymar Sigue | CAN / FC Edmonton Reserve

20- CB- Evan Libke | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

http://canadasoccer.com/canada-m15-off-to-mexico-for-eight-team-tournament-p150912

nice! i hope we can view some streams on this tournament. i haven't heard about any of these players yet. although i'm assuming that luca ucello is julians little brother. and i have never seen him play either.

in any case, it's certainly nice to be a part of this tournament. will give them some perspective on where they need to be going forward. let's hope for a great showing - good luck guys!

Wow, these players would have been born in 1997 (and possibly some in '98)...kids keep getting younger. Anyways, good luck to this group, hope they learn alot from the experience.

BTW, anyone else find it disconcerting that Woodbridge has more kids on this team than TFC?

Wow, these players would have been born in 1997 (and possibly some in '98)...kids keep getting younger. Anyways, good luck to this group, hope they learn alot from the experience.

BTW, anyone else find it disconcerting that Woodbridge has more kids on this team than TFC?

Holy crap, you just depressed me. 97 and 98? For U-15? I never even THOUGHT of that! GAWD! (starts building coffin for self)

I've seen Saporito and Libke play U-16 games with the Whitecaps. They're like yin and yang: Saporito is a shifty little skill guy who plays in midfield and certainly has the talent for U-16 but gets beat up a bit physically; Libke is about 900 feet tall. Really slight for his height but pure aerial central defender. I also saw Lopez play once but didn't really take away any impressions. Can't help with the others.

Welcome to international soccer! Dang, down 2-0 by the 11th minute is a rude awakening...

Anyone know who this Michael Findlay guy is who's coaching this team?

edit: Answered my own question:

http://www.bcsoccerpremierleague.net/organizations/1013/announcements/106058-BC-Soccer-Announces-New-Look-Provincial-Teams-Program-for-2012

So what kind of job has he done as a coach in his career? What players has he helped developed?

Apparently Findlay was an assistant with Gazzola with the u20 team that was terrible in Concacaf qualifying last year. That would be a possible explanation for him not knowing what he's doing (if that is the case, not saying it is).

On a side note, Mexico has really ramped up their youth development in the last decade. Every u15, 17 and u20 team they have seems to seriously contend for a world championship these days.

Apparently Findlay was an assistant with Gazzola with the u20 team that was terrible in Concacaf qualifying last year. That would be a possible explanation for him not knowing what he's doing (if that is the case, not saying it is).

On a side note, Mexico has really ramped up their youth development in the last decade. Every u15, 17 and u20 team they have seems to seriously contend for a world championship these days.

Yes, Mexico is pumping serious cash into development. To me they are way, way ahead of the rest of the pack in CONCACAF. They are big players in world youth soccer and I think they'll finally get over the hump and into the quarter finals in Brazil 2014.

Other scores from yesterday

Spain 1 USA 0

Colombia 7 Costa Rica 0

Mexico's Third Division All Stars 3 Chile 1

The Third Division All Stars - was a late entry given Nigeria's withdrawal from the Tournament

Today's games

Mexico vs Chile, Canada vs Third Division All Stars, Spain vs Colombia, USA vs Costa Rica

No , just the teams in their group. Third Division All Stars today and Chile tomorrow. Top 2 teams in each group advance to the semis

Thanks. Looks like the OP incorrectly listed Colombia in our group.

Are there Semi-Finals?

Archived