Hart media call

loyola

Hart's comments about using the same ineffective players doesn't surprise me. His philosophy is like Aron Winters: if its broke, don't fix it.

I want the boys to qualify for the WC as much as anyone on here but I have just lost so much faith in Hart and the team. They just keep trying to make the same system work game in and game out and they keep making the same basic errors defensively and offensively; much like another team I support.

Hart on Jonathan de Guzman/Junior Hoilett: Nothing (new), really. I’ve had some ongoing discussion with Jonathan (de Guzman) about what needs to be done. With Junior (Hoilett), nothing has changed … We’re talking about immigration issues here and it’s not something that’s in our control. I’m proceeding with the players that are available.

I don't like the sound of the last sentance

I don't like the sound of the last sentance

It doesn't sound real promising at all! We'll just have to move forward with the players who want to play for us, when we can call Euro and MLS players there is some depth!

C'mon, why would you get your hopes up on Jono or Junior? That's always a recipe to get your heart ripped out! Lower your expectations, then if we get one or both it'll be that much sweeter.

If you recall I wasn’t the guy getting my hopes up, I was the Debbie Downer explaining immigration law and FIFA regulations. I know I am reading into Hart’s statement more than I should, but if someone states nothing has changed and they have no control over the situation, that doesn’t seem to indicate De Guzman’s immigration situation is going well.

I will admit I had dreams of De Guzman playing his first game for Canada in Cuba so I can see him play live

If you recall I wasn’t the guy getting my hopes up, I was the Debbie Downer explaining immigration law and FIFA regulations.

Yes, i think i recall most of your posts being of the downer variety...anyways, i was being facetious...

Hart mentioned playing another closed door friendly... here's an idea that I think should be employed either way. Invite ~10-14 of the better/available players from the U23 squad for the camp and have a senior team vs. U23s match. I think this would kill a few birds with one stone; i.e.:

- More time together for the players who will form the core of future teams.

- Integration of these young guns into the Sr. set up in case they need to be called dude to injury in future.

- Would be cost effective cause most are NA based.

- Bringing in a cohort of hungry energetic fresh faces would probably increase the competitiveness of camp, as the last thing a Sr. player would want to do is appear to be out-hustled by the kids.

Just a thought

Seems like a good idea, but with our budget who knows if that is workable.

Ya, that's definitely always a factor. Hopefully keeping a bunch of NA based players around for a week wouldn't been that cost prohibitive though. Would be good bang for buck though if the did have room in the budget.

Archived