Revs @ Caps - April 6th, 2011 [R]

Tuscan

First order of business: anyone found a site with a stream for the game yet? Neither myp2p nor atdhenet have streams listed. Hopefully there will at least be a stream for the Revs feed.

Next up: Predictions. This will be the first yawner of the season, as the Caps, despite being somewhat undermanned, will only pull out a 1-0 victory. Hassli will find the back of the net off a header.

I expect Hassli and Harris to start up top, with Camilo coming on as a sub. Camilo and Kahlfan have found themseves as niche super subs, which is actually beneficial as the further along in the season it gets, the more the Caps are going to have to rely on their bench power.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can somebody who's watched a bit more of MLS tell me if there is any referees in this league who are not staggeringly incompetent?

I say no. Also, John Carver would say no as well. He always seemed to complain about the refs.

When I watch European soccer, they often mention how the matches referee is 'so and so from some random city, and then say what low paying job he has like plumber, or tile fitter or something' so it leads me to wonder why MLS doesn't just scoop up some of those guys, pay em more then they earn to come to North America and be professional referees.

Toledo's stats: 108 games; FC/gm: 25.2; Y/gm: 3.8; R: 42; pens: 42

So I was wrong. He only hands out reds and penalties in 38.888...% of his games.

Edit: And there's the penalty kick!

I think you need to update your stats after this game.

Next up: Predictions. This will be the first yawner of the season, as the Caps, despite being somewhat undermanned, will only pull out a 1-0 victory. Hassli will find the back of the net off a header

definitely not a yawner. The Whitecaps don't look like an expension team. They are really well coached, their preparation is excellent.

I think you need to update your stats after this game.

And as a comment on the reffing level in MLS - this is the man who was chosen to do the MLS Cup Final last year.

The premier game of the MLS calendar.

This was the ref they chose.

What a 1st class job the caps have done in their first season. With all the injuries they have, they're stll getting results and giving their fans reasons to come back. Absolutely great games at empire field. Contrast that to TFC's first 4 years, and it's absolutely shocking. I wonder what the Impact will look like in year 1 of MLS.

Archived